The Paithan (Jayakwadi) Hydro-electric project, completed with the help of Japan, is on the river
The percentage of irrigated land in India is about
Irrigated area accounts for nearly 48.8 per cent of the 140 million hectare (mha) of agricultural land in India. The remaining 51.2 per cent is rainfed. The increasing gap also impacts rainfed production in the country.
The pass located at the southern end of the Nilgiri Hills in south India is called
Which of the following factors are responsible for the rapid growth of sugar production in south India as compared to north India?
The southernmost point of peninsular India, that is, Kanyakumari, is
The principal copper deposits of India lie in which of the following places?
India's copper ore reserves have been estimated at 400 million tonnes, with a metal content of 5 million tones. The principal copper belt of India lies in Singhbhum and Hazaribagh in Jharkhand. The mining centres are located at Mosabani, Ghatsila, Thobani and Badia of Singbhbum, Hazaribagh of Bihar, the Khetri and Dariba areas of Rajasthan, and Agnigundala of Andhra Pradesh. Total production is 2.6 million tones.
Which of the following are true regarding Jhum cultivation in India?
The Salal Project is on the river
The Yarlung Zangbo river, in India, is known as
The only zone in the country that produces gold is also rich in iron is
The percentage of earth surface covered by India is
Which among the following is/are the major factor/factors responsible for the monsoon type of climate in India?
The present forest area of India, according to satellite data, is
The India's highest annual rainfall is reported at
The refineries are Mathura, Digboi and Panipat are set up by
What is the predominant type of Indian agriculture?
The Radcliffe line is a boundary between
Which of the following has a potential for harnessing of tidal energy in India?
The typical area of sal forest in the Indian peninsular upland occurs
The state having a largest area of forest cover in India is
The year ____ is called a Great Divide in the demographic history of India.
The only private sector refinery set up by Reliance Petroleum Ltd. is located at
The only state in India that produces saffron is
Three important rivers of the Indian subcontinent have their sources near the Mansarover Lake in the Great Himalayas. These rivers are
The zonal soil type of peninsular India belongs to