Match the List-1 (Types of shaper) with List-II (Related parameters):
A. Hydraulic shaper
B. Mechanical shaper
C. Standard shaper
D. Vertical shaper
1. Slotted link mechanism
2. Rotary worktable
3. Oil pressure
4. Worktable has horizontal and vertical movements
Consider the following statements pertaining to hydraulic shaper:
1. It works on oil pressure.
2. It has uniform cutting speed.
3. It is more expensive.
4. It makes more stroke per minute at a given cutting speed.
Which of the above are correct?
Consider the following statements about planning:
1. Larger workpieces can be machined.
2. More number of cutting tools can be used simultaneously.
3. It works on the principle of slotted link mechanism.
4. It produces more accurate surfaces.
Which of the above statements are correct?
Match the List-I (Type of drill) with List-II (Application):
A milling cutter has the following number of cutting edges.
Which of the following sets of tools and processes are normally employed for making large diameter holes?
BTA tool: Boring and trepanning association.
Climb milling is chosen while machining because
Followings are the advantages of down or climb milling:
- cuttter tends to push the workpiece against the milling table in the downward direction thereby increasing the stability.
- the cutter has increased tool life as compared to up milling because of higher values of rake angle.
- specific power consumption is low.
What is the approach length for face milling?
D = cutter diameter,
d = depth of cut
Borazon is the trade name of abrasive material
The ratio of time of return stroke to time of forward stroke of a shaping machine is 0.6. The stroke is 25C mm and it makes double strokes per minute. What is the overall average speed of operation?