|1 Crore+ students have signed up on EduRev. Have you?|
Match the following
Reang or Riang are one of the 21 scheduled tribes of the Indian state of Tripura. The correct nomenclature for this ethnic group is actually Bru although the name reang was accidentally incorporated by the Indian government during a census count.
The Dimasa people are a group of people inhabiting Assam states in North eastern India. Dimasa mythology says that they are the children of Bangla Raja (Earthquake God) and the great divine bird Arikhidima.
The Konyak are a Naga people, and are recognised among other Naga by their tattoos, which they have all over their face and hands; facial tattoos were earned for taking an enemy’s head. They are called the land of Angh’s. They have the largest population among the Nagas.
The Mishmi or Deng people of Tibet and Arunachal Pradesh are an ethnic group comprising mainly three tribes: Idu Mishmi; Digaro tribe, and Miju Mishmi.
Match the following
1. The Apatani - are a tribal group of people living in the Ziro valley in the Lower Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh.
2. Bhutia people live particularly in Sikkim.
3. Gond people are a Dravidian people of central India spread over the states of Madhya Pradesh, eastern Maharashtra (Vidarbha), Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh,
Telangana and Western Odisha.
4. The Meetei people are an ethnic group of Kangleipak (Manipur).
The term ‘demographic gap’ signifies the difference
On which one among the following islands, does the Negrito tribe called ‘the Onge’ live?
Which of the following are true of matrilineal societies?
1. Newly married couple stays with the woman’s parents.
2. As per the rules of inheritance, the property passes from mother to daughter.
3. Women play a dominant role in the family.
4. Examples of matrilineal societies are those of the Khasi and Jaintia tribes of Meghalaya.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below
‘Population dividend’ refers to
As per the provisional figures of 2011 Census of India, which one of the following States has the highest child sex ratio?
Which one of the following states of India has the highest urban density?
Among the following Union Territories the female literacy is highest according to Census 2011.
As Per Census 2011, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) of India is —
The percentage of the population in the age group 20 years and above out of the total population of India as per 2011 Census is—
Which of the following tribes of Uttarakhand is mainly involved in the sheep rearing?
The rapid growth phase of Indian population was lying between which of the following time periods?
Which one of the following terms denotes the net population increase of towns and cities?
According to the Census 2011, the Indian State which had the best Sex (male-female) ratio of 1,084 females for 1000 males is—
A social institution called Dhumkuria belongs to which tribe?
Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer from the codes given below—
A gradual change in the manner of population growth occurring over a long period of time is known as—
Which among the following was used as the motto for Census of India 2011?