The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was established in 1963 as an autonomous body under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry to contribute in the skill building for the external trade sector of India. It has come a long way to successfully develop into a unique institution involved in imparting knowledge through research and training in international business and trade. The Institute was granted “Deemed to be University” status in 2002. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has recognized IIFT as Grade ‘A’ Institution in 2005 as well as in 2015. Over the years, IIFT has emerged as the national university with focus on International Business Management and Strategy, and such focus is reflected in all three major activities of the Institute: Research, Training and Education.
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) admission test is a written exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade for their New Delhi and Kolkata campus.
• Recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years’ duration with minimum 50% marks.
• Candidates appearing for a qualifying examination can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by 7th October 2019.
• In order to qualify as an international candidate for the purpose of applying to IIFT entrance exam, a candidate should have been (expected to be) resident outside India for a period of not less than 18 months as on 31st December 2019 and be outside India during the IIFT examination window. The Indian nationals who are living, working, studying abroad should produce with application a certificate from the Indian Embassy / High Commission /Consulate of the country where the candidate is currently based, stating that the candidate has been resident in that country continuously for a period of not less than 18 months as on 31st December 2020.
• Foreign Nationals need to have a valid passport/ travel document from a country other than India. The Foreign Nationals who are present in India at the time of IIFT entrance test are required to take the same.
• The candidate should produce Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score which should be received by the Institute latest by 15th February 2019. GMAT taken before 1st January 2017 is not valid. • If the candidate has appeared for any MBA entrance examination for that year in India (2019) such as CAT /XAT /IIFT, etc., he /she is not eligible to apply.
• NRI-Sponsored candidates and Children of NRIs are not considered under this category.
Pattern of Admission Test
The admission test is a multiple choice objective type written test (in English) of 120 minutes. It generally consists of questions covering English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis.
Test Duration & Pattern (IIFT 2020)
|Number of sections||4 (with sub sections)|
|Options per Question||4|
|Negative Marking||1/3 rd of marks for the question|
|Marks per Question||Variable|
IIFT is a paper based test.
|Availability of Information Brochure for IIFT 2020 is from||Aug 21, 2019|
|IIFT 2020 Application Form||Sep 9, 2019|
|Last date for receipt of applications||Oct 25, 2019|
|Last date to apply Online and to submit GMAT score for foreign national/NRIs||Feb 15, 2020|
|Written Examination||Dec 1, 2019|
|10.00 am to 12.00 pm|
For SC/ST/PWD candidates:
For Foreign nationals/NRIs:
US$ 85/ Rs. 5500
How to apply
Please visit IIFT website, i.e. www.iift.edu Click on the ADMISSIONS 2020 icon and fill in the Online Application Form as per details given in the website. The cost of Prospectus and Application Form is one-time payment of `1,650 (`825 for SC/ST/PWD candidates) which includes application screening and Entrance Test Fee and the candidates are not required to pay any other fee. SC/ST/PWD/OBC (Non-creamy layer) candidates need to upload the requisite certificate with the Application Form. (Category once filled by the candidate in his / her online application, will not be changed under any circumstances).
Mode of Admission
The process indicated below will be applicable equally for admission to Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada Campuses.
• On the basis of Written Test, Group Discussion, Writing Skills Assessment and Interview.
• Written Test on Sunday, 1st December 2019 between 10.00 a.m. and 12.00 noon at Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur and Visakhapatnam.
• Shortlisted candidates will be called for Writing Skills Assessment, Group Discussion and Interview to be held in January / February 2019 at Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai. Students who opt for Allahabad, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Guwahati, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Nagpur and Visakhapatnam as centres for written test need to select one of the above specified centres for Writing Skills Assessment, GD and Interview.
• The Institute reserves the right to add/delete any centre, if required.
Change of centre
Candidates should be careful while opting for the Admission Test Centre. A fee of `1000 will be charged for changing the opted centre. No request for change of centre will be entertained after 5th November 2019.
The Admit Cards can be downloaded from IIFT’s website from 11th November 2019. With a print out of the Admit Card, the candidate should reach the venue of the Exam Centre on 1st December 2019 latest by 9.00 a.m. with one of the following documents:
(b) Election I-Card,
(c) Aadhar Card,
(d) PAN Card or
(e) Driving License for appearing in the Exam.
The annual tuition fee payable by each participant for the MBA (IB) batch 2019-21 is Rs. 8,35,000 which can be paid in three installments. There are other charges of Rs.32,500 for first year and Rs.22,500 in the second year for computer facility, internet, library, alumni charges and IMF (student body). The students of SC, ST and PWD category are given 50% concession on tuition fee only. Foreign Nationals and NRI Students will pay the annual tuition fee along with other charges in a single installment at the time of admission in the first year and by the start of second year. The fee for the 2019-21 batch under this category is US$30,000 per year and other charges of Rs. 32,500 for first year and Rs.22,500 in the second year. THE EXACT AMOUNT OF TUITION FEE AND OTHER CHARGES, APPLICABLE FOR MBA (IB) 2020-22 BATCH WILL BE INFORMED TO THE STUDENTS AT THE TIME OF SENDING THE OFFER LETTERS IN MARCH/APRIL 2020.
The Institute operates Need Based Scholarship Scheme under which it pays interest subsidy on Educational Loan for 27 months from the time the loan in taken from a Bank. Any student who has taken the loan and whose family income is less than Rs. 4.50 lakh per year can apply under this scholarship. Depending upon the fee and other expenses the amount of educational loan is revised every year. Scholarships by Government of India
• Merit cum means scholarship for students belonging to Minority Communities
• Central sector scholarship scheme for Top Class education for SC students
• Scholarship for Higher education to ST students For further details about government scholarship schemes, The Institute retains the right to add or delete any scholarship scheme or change the existing clause(s) as and when required.