I love summer vacations and have lots of plans for it every year. I am also quite sure that every student like me loves summer vacation as I do. I will share in the essay, how I spent my last summer vacation and how it has enriched me personally.
A School Trip with Classmates
- Last summer vacation, I had gone on a school trip to a distant historical monument, around 700 Km from the city. We started early as we had an early morning train to catch. It was a complete seven days trip away from home.
- I remember that it was six in the morning when the school bus came to pick me up. It seemed that the entire world was still in sleep, but inside the bus, a completely different environment was witnessed. Everyone was fully awake and happy as well as excited. Nothing could beat the feeling of exams getting over and the vacations started. The trip was an additional bonus of happiness for everyone.
- All of my classmates were present on the bus as well as a couple of teachers, including my class teacher. The teachers were chatting among themselves and the children were singing, chatting and laughing. All in all, it was a sight to behold and also the happiest moment I have had in months. Soon we reached the railway station and boarded the train.
Learning and Fulfilling Experience
A little before dusk we reached the place. Our teachers have already booked the rooms in a comfortable hotel, so we headed for the hotel as soon as we deboarded the train. The next morning we were off to the sightseeing. It was a big palace built around the 19th century by a King. The design of the palace as viewed from outside was breathtaking. Every part of it was screaming about the craftsmanship that was involved in building such a beautiful piece of art.
- On the inside, the architecture was even more beautiful. To this day I very clearly remember every detail of the glass ceiling, the paintings and the large doors and windows. It was in all respect a King’s palace. We hired a guide as soon as we landed there. The guide was very experienced and learned. He told us about every detail, regarding the place and patiently answered all our questions.
- After going through the palace I was feeling very happy and contended. It was probably the same feeling that you get when you learn something new. As if I had solved a puzzle or scored well in a test. I guess it was because I learned so much about the history of that place and the people who built it.
Lots of Fun and Enjoyment
The trip was great fun as after the tour of the place we were overwhelmed with good memories. We also played in its exceptionally large garden of the hotel. I love outdoor games and it was a pleasure to play with my classmates on bright sunny days. We played kho-kho and other games. We even had a sprint race and other competitions each day. Though I didn’t score in any game, nevertheless, it was fun to be a part of it.
After the games or the tour every day we sat together for lunch. Everyone was sharing food with everyone and it was a really good experience. We also took care not to dirty the place and dispose of every leftover or garbage in the dustbins. All the seven days of the school trip we visited a new place and enhanced our joy and knowledge.
Though the summer vacation was longer, the school trip is by far the most remarkable thing that I did during that period. I love the summer holidays and I have also the satisfaction of saying that I had spent my holiday in a fruitful and contending way. I learned and played with my classmates and in the supervision of respected teachers.