Question 1: Complete the following crossword puzzle using the given directions for Across [from left to right] and Down [from top to bottom].
Accross: (1) The points where, the sides of a polygon meet are called __________.
(2) A polygon made by six sides is called a __________.
(3) The side joining two vertices is called a __________.
(4) A four sided polygon is called a __________.
(5) A five sided polygon is called a __________.
(6) A parallelogram having all of its four sides equal is called a __________.
(7) A simple closed figure made of only line-segments is called a __________.
(8) The line segment joining the opposite sides of a polygon (except-triangle) is called a __________ of the polygon.
Question 2: Match the following:
(a) The parallelogram that is inscribed in a circle is a ____
(b) The parallelogram having all of its sides equal is called a_______
(c) The diagonals of a quadrilateral are
unequal and bisect each other necessarily at right angles. It is a _____
(d) The diagonals of a parallelogram are
equal and bisect each other at right
angles. It is a ______
Question 3: Choose the appropriate answer:
(i) Which of the following is a regular quadrilateral? (a) a rhombus (b) a square (c) a rectangle (d) a parallelogram
(ii) Which of the following is not a parallelogram?
(a) square (b) Trapezium (c) Rhombus (d) Rectangle
(iii) Which of the following quadrilateral is having every internal angle equal to 90 °
(a) Rhombus (b) parallelogram (c) kite (d) Rectangle
(iv) Which of the following is the sum of an exterior angle and its adjacent interior angle?
(a) A straight angle (b) A right angle (c) A complete angle
Question 4: Answer the following questions:
(i) For a regular polygon of n sides (n—2) × 180° is the measure of the sum of its interior angles or exterior angles?
(ii) If the sum of all the exterior angles of a quadrilateral is 360° then what is the sum of all the exterior angles of an octagon?
(iii) Tetragon is the other name of which polygon–a quadrilateral or a triangle?
(iv) What do we call a trapezium having its nonparallel sides equal?
1. (1) → VERTICES
(2) → HEXAGON
(3) → EDGE
(4) → QUADRILATERAL
(5) → PENTAGON
(6) → RHOMBUS
(7) → POLYGON
(8) → DIAGONAL
2. (a) → (ii) (b) → (iv) (c) → (iii) (d) → (i)
3. (i) (b) (ii) (b) (iii) (d) (iv) (a)
4. (i) Sum of interior angles
(iii) A quadrilateral
(iv) An isosceles trapezium