|1 Crore+ students have signed up on EduRev. Have you?|
Institutions for Entrepreneurship Development : The state government and the central governments have established number of institutions for entrepreneurship development. These institutions undertakes the activities of Entrepreneurship Development at different level i.e. from local level to
national level. Some of the important institutions are as follows:
National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development: Central Government has established NIESBD in 1983 under the Societies Act.
The headquarter of the institute is at New-Delhi. The main object of the institute is to co-ordinate and to supervise the different activities of Entrepreneurship Development for small business and SSI units. It also undertakes research work for searching out new ideas of business and new investment opportunities. It runs documentation centre for Entrepreneurship Development purpose at national level. It is the apex institution of Entrepreneurship Development.
Major functions of the institution are given below:
(1) To improve the effectiveness of Entrepreneurship Development programmes at state and central level.
(2) To accelerate the process of Entrepreneurship Development at different levels in the whole nation.
(3) To organise training programmes for Entrepreneurship Development Trainers.
(4) To undertake research for exploring new ideas of business and new investment opportunities.
(5) To co-ordinate and supervise the different Entrepreneurship Development programmes at national and state level.
(6) To sponsor Entrepreneurship Development programmes at national and international level.
(7) To function as a national agency of Entrepreneurship Development for international purposes.
(8) To accelerate the growth of small business through Entrepreneurship Development programmes.
(9) To promote entrepreneurial culture in the country.
The institute functions through its executive council. The Industries Minister of the central govt. is ex-officio Chairman of the council and the state minister for industries of the central govt. is ex-officio vice-chairman of the council. The institute is ex-officio secretariat for National Entrepreneurship Development Board (NEDB) of the central govt. It also represents central government for Entrepreneurship Development activity of the nation.
Maharashtra State Centre for Entrepreneurship Development MCED: Aurangabad.
The centre was established in 1988 by the state of Maharashtra. The Karandikar Committee was seen appointed to suggest recommendations for accelerating the process of Entrepreneurship Development in the state which recommended the establishment of this centre. The headquarter of the centre is at Aurangabad. The main object of the centre is to accelerate Entrepreneurship Development process and make it more broad based in the state. The centre has regional offices at Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Amravati, Nasik, Aurangabad and Kolhapur. Apart from these offices, it has deputed one project officer at each District Industries Centre (DIC) in the state.
The objectives of the centre may be stated as follows:
(1) To transform the mindset of Marathi Community for Entrepreneurship Development and inject Entrepreneurial values in the community.
(2) To search and identify the first-generation prospective Entrepreneur from the Marathi community and transform them into real Entrepreneur.
(3) To stimulate urban and rural youth for making them entrepreneurs.
(4) To organise training programmes for prospective entrepreneurs from Marathi community.
(5) To provide consultancy services for launching business to aspiring youth of the Marathi society.
(6) To inject and promote Entrepreneurial culture in Marathi community of the state.
(7) To create Entrepreneurial atmosphere by conducting action programmes in the state.
(8) To promote managerial skills of existing entrepreneurs of small-scale and medium scale industries sector.
(9) To make Entrepreneurial generation of successful young entrepreneurs through scientific training, counselling and demonstration.
(10) To accelerate the rate of growth of SSI, medium and cottage industries units for strengthening the economy of the state.
It performs different activities and conducts Entrepreneurship Development programmes for fulfilling its above objectives. It organises
(1) Entrepreneurship Development programmes :EDP
(2) Development programmes for self employment DPSE.
(3) Vocational Training Programmes :VTP.
(4) Management Development Programmes :MDP
(5) EDP for women
(6) EDP for youth
(7) Workshop on project reports
(8) Trainers Training programmes
(9) Stimulation Training programmes
(10) Entrepreneurs Literary Conventions
(11) New Business research etc for ED It provides library services, new-paper cuttings facilities, counselling for project report, technical guidance, marketing techniques etc. Thus the role of MCED is highly appreciable for Entrepreneurship Development in the state.
Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India: EDII, Ahemedabad.
The institute was established in 1983 with its headquarter at Ahmedabad. It is promoted by IDBI, ICICI, IFCI and SBI jointly. Initially the institute was given the status of Apex institute for Entrepreneurship Development in India. But later on with establishment of NIESBUD, the central government granted the status of Apex Institution of ED TO NIESBUD.
The institute aims at research activities, training programmes and structuring institutional network in the field of Entrepreneurship Development. Promotion of Entrepreneurship Development in industrially under developed area and under developed rural areas is the major thrust of functioning of the institute.
The major objectives of the institute are given below:
(1) To enlarge the supply of entrepreneurs for accelerating the industrial development of the country.
(2) To undertaken entrepreneurship development activities in less-developed rural area for uplift of rural area.
(3) To develop small and medium enterprise sector, making it more broad based and distributed over regions.
(4) To generate greater potential of employment for rural youth especially.
(5) To provide self-employment to educate and less educated young boys and girls coming out or dropped out from schools and colleges, through Entrepreneurship Development programmes.
(6) To accelerate the growth of small-scale industries (SSI) and improve their performance through trained entrepreneur.
(7) To diversity and identity sources of Entrepreneurship leading to diversifying business ownership in India.
(8) To develop new programmes for Entrepreneurship Development and innovative techniques of training for Entrepreneurship Development trainers.
The institute has carried out experiments in the villages of U.P. and Orissa on rural Entrepreneurship Development during 20 years from its inception. The success rate of these experiments was higher as it was collaborated with voluntary organisations working in the villages. It also conducted experimental Entrepreneurship Development programmes for women in Gujarat. It offers Entrepreneurs
Development services to Kenya, Ghana, Shri-Lanka, Nepal and other commonwealth countries from Africa.
National Institute of Small Industries Extensions Training : NISIET, Hydrabad:
This national institute was set up by the Central Government in 1962. It is autonomous body registered under the Societies Registration Act. The headquarter of the institute is at Hyderabad. The main activity of the institute is to organise training programmes for the expansion and growth of SSI sector of the country. The training programmes are conducted especially for the officials of the central and state government who are deputed for the developmental programmes of SSI units.
The important objectives of the institute are as follows:
(1) To conduct training programmes for Government Officers who are entrusted with the implementation of Development schemes of SSI sector.
(2) To organise management development programmes for enriching managerial skill of SSI Officers.
(3) To organise stimulation and training programmes on Area Development for the growth of rural and cottage industries.
(4) To conduct research activities for accelerating the development of SSI sector.
The institute undertakes different kinds of training programmes for fulfillment of above objectives. It conducts intensive short term courses on technical aspects of industrial management, financial management, production area, cost management, personal management etc. for the government officials working in SSI sector of the country.