Question for Key Concepts Chapter 6 - Population
Try yourself: What is the concept of population density based on?
- Population density is a concept that refers to the number of persons living in a specific area.
- It is calculated by dividing the total population of an area by its land area.
- This concept helps us understand how crowded or densely populated an area is.
- Population density is affected by factors such as the size of the area and the number of people living in it.
- It provides insights into the level of resources and infrastructure needed to support the population in a particular area.
- Higher population density often leads to increased pressure on resources and can have implications for urban planning, public services, and environmental sustainability.