Answer the following questions. (Refer to that part of the text whose number is given against the question. This applies to the comprehension questions throughout the book.)
1. What did Patrick think his cat was playing with? What was it really? (2)
Answer Patrick thought that his cat was playing with a little doll but it was really a man of the tiniest size.
2. Why did the little man grant Patrick a wish? (2)
Answer The little man granted Patrick a wish because he wanted to get free from cat.
3. What was Patrick's wish? (3)
Answer Patrick wanted the little man to do all his homework till the end of the semester, which was for 35 days.
4. In what subjects did the little man need help, to do Patrick's homework? (5,6)
Answer The little man needed Patrick's help in English, Maths and human history.
5. How did Patrick help him? (7)
Answer Patrick helped him by consulting a dictionary, guiding the little man in doing sums in arithmetic and read out portions from history book.
6. Who do you think did Patrick's homework - the little man, or Patrick himself? Give reasons for your answer. (9,10)
Answer It was not the little man but Patrick himself who did his homework as little man did not know anything, in English, Maths and human history. Patrick had to consult dictionary, guide him with Maths and help him to read too. He stayed up at nights and worked hard. Therefore, it was Patrick who did the homework.