Humanities/Arts : Question for Practice - The Demographic Structure of the Indian Society Humanities/Arts Notes | EduRev
The document Question for Practice - The Demographic Structure of the Indian Society Humanities/Arts Notes | EduRev is a part of the Humanities/Arts
Course Sociology Class 12
2 Marks Question
- What is “Demography”?
- Differentiate between formal demography and social demography.
- What is the infant mortality rate?
- Why is the rising dependency ratio a cause for worry in countries that are facing an aging population?
- Why is falling dependency ratio a source of economic growth & prosperity?
- What are the causes of famines?
- Name the states which still have very high TFRS.
- State the importance of demographic data.
- How does India benefit from a ‘demographic dividend’?
- Name the technique used to determine the sex of a child.
- What is ‘Replacement Level”?
4 Marks Question
- State & critically analyze the Malthusian theory of population change.
- Define Sex ratio.
- Mention the features responsible for the decline in the child sex ratio.
- Explain the regional variation of low child sex ratio in India.
6 Marks Question
- Discuss the theory of demographic transition
- Why are cities a preferred destination for rural people?
- Discuss India’s demographic achievement,
- Analyze the success & failures of the family planning program.
- Discuss the national social demographic goals for 2010 (State any six points).
- Which State in India have reached or are very near the replacement levels of population growth? Which ones stilt have very high rates of population growth? In your opinion what can be some of the reasons for these regional differences.
- What is meant by the age structure of the population? Why is it relevant for economic development and growth?
- What is meant by sex ratio? What are some of the implications of a declining sex ratio? Do you feel that parents still prefer to have sons rather than daughters? What is your opinion, could be some of the reasons for this preference.
- State the reasons for the failure of the Family Planning program the National emergency (1975-76).
- Discuss the age structure of India’s population.