- Staff Selection Commission is the respective authority that organizes SSC Junior Engineer every year in India.
- SSC JE exam 2022 will be organized for the recruitment of candidates for the post of Junior Engineer in various Government departments.
- The entrance exam of SSC JE will be comprised of two papers i.e. Paper 1 & Paper 2. The actual date of conducting the SSC JE exam 2022 (paper 1) will be notified shortly and the applications for the same may release in August 2022.
- Interested and eligible candidates who want to apply for the SSC JE 2022 must submit the application form as per the scheduled date. Aspirants are advised to read this post in order to find all important information on SS JE recruitment 2022 including the application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc.
Highlights on SSC JE exam 2022
SSC JE 2022 Important Dates
A candidate must be a citizen of India or anyone from the following:
- Subject to Nepal
- Subject to Bhutan
- Tibetan refugees came to India before 1st January 1962 to become permanent residents.
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Burma, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire, and Vietnam to become a permanent resident of India.
2. Educational Qualification
- Junior Engineer (Civil), CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical), CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Civil), Department of Posts – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical), Department of Posts- B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Electrical engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Civil), MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Civil Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years of work experience in civil engineering works.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical), MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years work experience in electrical/mechanical engineering works.
- Junior Engineer (QS&C), MES – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized University/Institute OR Passed an Intermediate examination in Building and Quantity Surveying (Sub Divisional-II) from the Institute of Surveyors (India).
- Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical), Central Water Commission – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
3. Age Limit
- For the post of Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical), Central Water Commission and CPWD, the candidate’s age should not exceed 32 years
- For the post of Junior Engineer (Civil and Electrical), Department of Post and Junior Engineer (Surveying and contract), MES candidate’s age should be between 18 to 27 years.
- For the post of Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical & Mechanical), MES candidate’s age should not exceed 30 years.
- Note: Age Relaxation in the upper age limit for reserved categories will be provided as per Government rules.
4. Application Fee
- Candidates are required to make the payment of Rs 100/- via offline or online mode.
- There is no payment fee for candidates of SC, PH, ST, and Ex-Servicemen category.
- Those who are paying the fee via online mode can make ultimate use of facilities such as Debit card, Credit card, and net banking.
5. Exam Pattern
- The examination is divided into two i.e. Paper-1 and Paper-2
- Paper-1: Objective type of 200 marks.
- The questions in paper 1 are related to General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, General Engineering (Civil and Structural)/General Engineering (Electrical)/General Engineering (Mechanical).
- Paper-2: Conventional type of 300 marks which is divided into 3 parts i.e. Part A, Part B, and Part C.
- Candidates can choose from any of them as per the posts they have applied for.
- Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) OR Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) OR Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical).
- There will be negative marking; 0.25marks will be deducted for every wrong answer in Paper-1.
Table: For Paper ITable: For Paper II
SSC JE Selection Procedure
Stage 1: Computer Based Test
- Computer Based Test (CBT) will be organized for Paper-I.
- The Paper-I of SSC JE will be of Objective type.
- The paper first will carry 200 marks in total containing General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness,
- Applicants who are shortlisted on the basis of performance in Paper-I will be called for Paper-II.
Stage 2: Written Examination
- Paper-II will be the conventional type
- The paper second will carry a total of 300 marks.
- On the basis of the marks obtained by the aspirants in both Paper-I and Paper-II, the Final assortment of applicants will be confirmed.
- Provision to the departments will be completed on the basis of merit.
- The preferences of the posts entered by the candidates will also be given due prominence.
- The admit card of SSC JE 2022 tier -1 will be released by the Staff Selection Commission of India in the month of November 2022 tentatively. Candidates can download the SSC JE Admit Card 2022 from the official website link.
- Candidates are required to carry a valid copy of admit card with them to the Exam Centre. The authority will not allow any candidate to write in the exam without holding a valid copy of admit card.
- The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will announce the SSC JE 2022 result & Marks of Paper-I most likely in the month of April 2022.
- It is mandatory for candidates to qualify for Paper-I in order to be eligible for Paper-II of SSC JE Exam 2022.
- Cut off implies the least attained marks for clearing the examination.
- The exam conducting body will publish the cut-off for both the papers one after the other.
- Applicants are required to score equal to or more than cut-off marks for clearing SSC JE 2022 examination.
Junior Engineer Salary Structure
Comprehensive Courses for All Different Streams of Engineering
Includes 103 docs & 48 tests
Mechanical Engineering SSC JE (Technical)
Includes 83 docs & 63 tests
Electrical Engineering SSC JE (Technical)
Includes 78 docs & 37 tests