Facts that Matter:
Words that Matter:
- Historian: One who writes about the events of the past, i.e. how things were and how they changed.
- Debate: Discussion on an important topic of public interest.
- Periodisation: Ponding any event into periods.
- Ancient: Very old.
- Medieval: It refers to the period in which features of modern society did not exist.
- Colonization: Colonization is a process in which one country subjugates another and thus brings political, economic, social and cultural changes.
- Subjugation: Gaining control over a country.
- Calligrapher: One who is specialised in the art of beautiful writing.
- Survey: The act of examining and recording the measurements, features etc. of an area of land to prepare a map or plan for it.
- Archives: A place where historical documents or records of a government, an organisation, etc. are stored.
- 1773 — Warren Hastings became the first Governor-General of India.
- 1782 — First map produced by James Rennel.
- 1817 — James Mill published a massive three-volume work, A History of British India.
- 1920s — The National Archives of India came up.