A. Choose the correct option
1. The poet is
Answer: a) sailing on a boat
2. In the water, the poet sees reflections of:
Answer: c) hills and trees
3. The lilies floating there are
Answer: a) round and large
4. There are many reeds:
Answer: c) along the edge of the stream
5. The dragonfly described in the poem is :
Answer: c) green
B. Answer the questions
1. What colour is the water on which the boat glides?
Answer: The boat glides on the water that is blue in colour.
2, What shadows can the poet see?
Answer: The poet can see the shadow of each hill and tree.
3. What is springing and gleaming?
Answer: The fishes are springing and gleaming.
4, Name the two birds mentioned in the poem.
Answer; The swallow and the kingfisher are the two birds mentioned in the poem .
5. Describe the weather as depicted in the poem.
Answer: The weather is described as the pleasant and sunny day and the sky is smooth and bright.
6. Do you think poet enjoys boating? Give reasons to support your answer.
Answer: Yes, the poet the boating. The line " What could give us more delight?" is the example that signifies the poet enjoy the boating.
1. dull- delight
2. far- near
3. less- more
4. light- shadows
5. narrow- wide
6. sink- floating
7. small- large
8. rough- gleam