A. Choose the correct option.
1. The Mouse Maiden refused to marry the sun because
Answer: a) he was hot
2. Who, according to the Wind, was greater than him?
Answer: c) the mountain
3. The cloud said that the Wind was greater than him because
Answer: a) the wind blew him around
4. The holy man changed the girl into a mouse because
Answer: a) she wanted to marry a mouse
B. Mark the sentences T(true) or F (false).
C. Answer the questions:
1. How did the holy man find the she-mouse?
Answer: One day, as the holy man was saying his prayers, a mouse fell into his hands. This is how he found she-mouse.
2. Why did the holy man change the mouse into a little girl?
Answer: The holy man liked the mouse and wanted to keep her with him. So, using his magic powers, he changed her into a girl.
3. Why did Mouse Maiden refuse to marry the cloud?
Answer: The Mouse Maiden refused to marry the cloud because he looked very dull.
4. According to the Mountain, who was greater than him? Why?
Answer: According to the Mountain , mouse was greater than him because mouse makes holes in rough , hard mountain.
5. Among the sun, the cloud, the wind, and the mountain, whom did the holy man consider the greatest?
Answer: Among the sun, the cloud, the wind, and the mountain, the holy man considered, the sun as the greatest.
6. The Mountain is tall and huge, while the Mouse is tiny. But the Mountain says that the Mouse is greater than him. What do you learn from that?
Answer: We learn that big or small, anyone could be great. We also learn everybody has their own unique talents.
A. Fill in the blanks with the correct sound words from the box.
A. Fill in the blanks with suitable conjunctions from the box.
B. Use the conjunctions in brackets to combine the sentences in each pair.
1. Turn off the light and go to sleep.
2. There were no apples, so I bought some pears.
3. I wanted to meet you but you were not at home.
4. I could not buy the book because it was very expensive.
5. Will you buy the green shirt or the yellow shirt?
C. Form adverbs from the given words and fill in the blanks