A. Choose the correct option
1. The atom bomb was dropped on the city of:
Answer: c.) Hiroshima
2. Leukemia was given the name
Answer: b. )the atom bomb disease
3. Sadako made
Answer: a. )644 origami cranes
4. After Sadako's death, her schoolmates began to make paper cranes as:
Answer: c.) they wanted to remember Sadako forever
B. Fill in each blank with the correct word from brackets.
C. Answer the questions.
1. What happened on 6 August 1945?
Answer: On 6 August 1945, the United States of America dropped a bomb on the city of Hiroshima in Japan.
It was a huge bomb that killed thousands of people.
2. What happened to Sadako in November 1954?
Answer: In November 1954, when Sadako was eleven years old, little bumps developed on her neck and behind her ears. Purple spots began to form on her legs. Doctor found that Sadako has Leukemia; that kills thousands of people.
3. What did Sadako write on each of the origami cranes she made? Why?
Answer: Sadako wrote peace on the wings. She wanted the message of peace to reach the entire world. She was said that the war has killed many people and had made so many people sick.
4. What are the words carved on a black marble slab below the Children's Peace monument? What does it remind us of?
Answer: "This is our cry, This is our world. For building peace in the world." These words are carved on the black marble slab below the monument.
It remind us to hope and pray for a bright future for all the Children in the world.
5. Do you think Sadako would have survived if she had completed making all the 1000 cranes. Give reasons for your answer.
Answer: Yes, she might had survived because she had made the thousand cranes with hope in her heart.
No, she would not have been survived because everybody who had the atom bomb disease was sure to die.
Complete the spellings of words with ei or ie
A. Fill in each blank with present tense of the verb given in the brackets. One has been done for you.
B. Fill in each blank with present continuous form of the verb given in the brackets.One has been done for you.
1. are waiting
2. is flying
3. is writing
4. are building
5. am completing
6. are going
A. Listen to the sentences and fill in the blanks. Make sure you spell the words correctly.
8. rough picture