Aspirants have to appear for NEET 2024 exam following the instructions of NTA. The exam day guidelines of NEET 2024 are the important thing that every aspirant should be aware of because if any aspirants fail to follow any of the NEET exams day guidelines, they won’t be allowed to appear for the exam. The detailed instruction and exam day guidelines of NEET 2024 have been mentioned on the NEET admit card 2024.
NEET 2024 Exam pattern - Latest update
How to Manage Time on the Day of NEET?
NEET is conducted by CBSE for admission into the most elite and government-owned medical colleges. While all of us are concerned about the preparation part of the exam and spend most of our energy worrying about how to crack the entrance tests, what we miss out on is also have a strategic plan for handling the pressure and the stress of the day the test is. Sometimes even the most prepared students fail to cope up with the abnormal amount of load an exam environment might bring with it. But all you need to learn are NEET preparation tips and stress-busting management techniques which will make your exam day a smoothing sailing one.
- Sway it on Time
The best method to probably start your exam day on a positive note is to reach the venue of the exam at least thirty or forty-five minutes early. This will diminish the need for unnecessary panic and will help you stay calm and composed before walking in to appear for the examination. When there is punctuality in the demeanour, the whole exam ritual becomes very relaxed and helps the student remain composed and strategize further in silence. Avoid talking much on the day of the exam and be completely focused. Carry all the necessary documents and apparatus one might require for the exam so that there is no need to be dependent on any person while writing the exam.
- Be Battle Ready
NEET is held for 3 hours and has four sections- Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Zoology. It has 180 multiple-choice questions. It is advisable to be prepared with all of the concepts, formulas and techniques. When the question paper is distributed, take your time and read all the exam-related instructions before leaping into solving the questions.
- Master the Glance Game
Adapt to this technique soon enough. While preparing, try to solve mock tests. While attempting a mock test, make sure that you prepare it as if you are sitting for the real exam. While preparing, set fixed timelines and solve a mock test. During the mock test sessions, develop and perfect the habit of glancing through the question paper and deciding on the easy, moderate level of questions. Once that scheming is complete. Use the time to answer the questions which are easy and do not waste too much of your time. Adapt to the real-time paper and strategize accordingly. Be prompt and utilize the time well and do not stick to old and discarded methods of solving a question paper.
- Keep an Eye for the Previous Trends
Whilst preparing for NEET, work out the previous year’s questions and look for trends and any patterns which may have been repeated. Work on those patterns as they will help you on the day of the examination. Strategize and stick to each section for a stipulated period of time.
- Improvise Further
While not all exam trends can be predicted, it is safe to be prepared with the recent ones. But, all the while be prepared with the fact that there will be brain twisters and questions which may not seem familiar. During such times always assess and move on and come back later for solving that question or to view that exam trend.
- Tried and Tested. But is it Effective?
Based on numerous blogs and tips there is a strategy that has been developed and a system defined which can ensure that the students appearing NEET can manage their time during the exam and answer in a well-rounded way. The strategy can be as follows:
(i) Solve the paper sequentially; start with the easiest questions of any attempted section and move on to the tougher ones.
(ii) Start fast. But not too fast that you might make silly mistakes. Start soon and solve the easy questions fast so that you do not waste any time on them. Move on to the moderate and tougher questions. In case you are unable to solve those questions, mark them for later and come back to it. Keep filling the ORM sheet simultaneously. Many students get stuck on one tough question and are unable to move further which wastes their time in the actual exam.
(iii) Target to finish the biology exam within 35 minutes or maximum stretch it to 45 minutes.
(iv) Move on to the Chemistry section after solving the Biology section and finish it within 50 minutes. Do not waste time on anyone’s single difficult question.
(v) It is a common belief that the Physics section of the paper is tougher. Try to give that section about an hour or more if you are done with the other sections.
(vi) With this system, you will be left with about 15-20 minutes before the exam ends. Use this time to solve the difficult questions and to check the OMR sheet to see if you have marked all the answers correctly.
This strategy may help you manage your time well while solving NEET paper without giving you a panic attack. Though no matter how much one may be prepared with their time management skills, it all comes down to the preparation done before the exams. Practice your mock tests well which are like real-life exams and can give you a real-time analysis of your preparedness and analysis on what one needs to work further on. It will help the student deal with the exam pressure in a healthy manner along with self-crafted solutions to manage time well.
NEET 2024 Exam Day Guidelines- Dress Code
- Since NEET is the only undergraduate medical entrance test in India, participation is also huge. The competition is, no doubt, tough and thus there are several who resort to unfair means to clear the exam. To curb such practices, NTA has prescribed a strict NEET dress code.
- All candidates appearing for the entrance test must follow the dress code of NEET 2024 to help the smooth conduct of the exam. At the time of frisking, those candidates who are not following the dress code of NEET 2024 are not allowed to sit for the exam.
- As per the NEET 2024 exam day guidelines and dress code, candidates are advised to wear light clothes with half sleeves only. Long sleeves are strictly prohibited. Shoes are also prohibited in the examination hall. Therefore, candidates are required to wear sandals with low heels or footwear without thick soles.
- Candidates who follow a particular religion and wear customary dress will be required to report as per their slot at the examination centre to avoid delay in the frisking process. Such candidates must report on time so that there is ample time for proper frisking.
NEET Exam Day Guidelines 2024- Barred Items
NEET 2024 has the most uncompromising rules and regulations that a candidate must not disobey. Candidates will be thoroughly frisked at the entrance gate with the help of highly sensitive metal detectors. A detailed list of barred items has been issued by NTA. Candidates who are found to be the possession of such items will be debarred from appearing in NEET 2024. Candidates can check the barred items enlisted below.
- Stationery items, printed or any kind of paper other than admit card and ID proof will not be permitted inside the exam hall.
- Items like geometry/pencil box, calculator, pen, scale, writing pad, pen drives, eraser etc will not be allowed inside the test centre.
- Communication devices like mobile phones, Bluetooth, earphones, pager, health bands etc are strictly prohibited.
- Candidates cannot carry items like wristwatches, wallets, handbags, belts, caps, ornaments.
- Any other item like microchip, Bluetooth, camera, which could be used for unfair means are barred from the exam hall.
Exam Day Guidelines - Instructions and documents required for NEET 2024 exam hall
- No documents except NEET admit card 2024 and photographs will be permitted inside the exam hall.
- For the benefit of candidates, the invigilators will announce the time :
- In the beginning
- In half-time
- At the end of the exam
- Candidates will be required to sign the answer sheet once at the beginning of the NEET 2024 exam and then after the conclusion of the exam.
- Candidates will be required to give their finger impressions on the attendance sheet.
- To fill the particular information on the test booklet, candidates will be provided with the test booklet 15 minutes ahead of the examination.
- Candidates will be provided with a ballpoint pen in the exam hall to write the examination.
- To check the number of pages in the booklet, candidates will be provided with five minutes to open the seal of the test booklets right before the start of the examination.
- Candidates must ensure that the code written on the test booklet is similar to the one provided on the answer sheet enclosed in the test booklet.
- Candidates will have to fill in the details on either side of the OMR answer sheet.
- It is mandatory to submit the OMR sheet to the invigilator before leaving the exam hall.
NEET 2024 Exam Day Guidelines- General Instructions
Apart from barred items and dress code, there are some general instructions for the aspirants appearing for the test as a part of NEET exam day guidelines. These instructions will help the candidates appear for the examination without making any errors causing unnecessary hassles. These general instructions of NEET 2024 exam day guidelines were also included in the official information which was released along with the NEET application form at ntaneet.nic.in.
- Candidates will be given their own seats with a roll number. It is important for each candidate to find their designated seat and occupy it immediately.
- Candidates will be video recorded at the exam hall, therefore, it is advisable that one should sit upright position and face the camera when the camera approaches.
- Candidates must enter the examination centre according to the given time slot as it is the last reporting time. After that, no candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall.
- Candidates must bring the following documents to the exam centre.
- Printout of NEET admit card
- A passport size photograph (as uploaded on NEET application form)
- A valid ID proof
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Candidates must not possess any of the barred items mentioned above on this page.
- The authority does not provide any facility for safekeeping thus it is advisable that candidates do not bring any item that has been barred.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the exam centre before the exam concludes. OMR sheet has to be handed over to the invigilator before leaving the exam hall.
- Beverages and eatables will not be permitted inside the hall. Those candidates who suffer from a medical condition were allowed to carry a transparent.
- Candidates must ensure that the test booklet contains the same number of pages as mentioned on the cover of the test booklet.