Who was the Constitutional Advisor to the Constituent Assembly?
Which of the following commissions/committees has recommended the creation of aLocal Body Ombudsman?
Read the following carefully
Statement 1 : Right to Vote in an election is a Fundamental Right of every person in India.
Statement 2 : Right to contest in an election is a Fundamental Right of every citizen.
Of the above
Both (1) and (2) are false.
Explanation: Elections to the House of the People and to the Legislative Assemblies of States to be on the basis of adult suffrage. - The elections to the House of the People and to the Legislative Assembly of every State shall be on the basic of adult suffrage ;that is to say every person who is a citizen of India and who is not less than eighteen years of age on such date as may be fixed in that behalf by of under any law made by the appropriate Legislature and is not otherwise disqualified under this Constitution or any law made by the appropriate Legislature on the ground of non-residence,unsoundness of mind, crime or corrupt or illegal practice shall be entitled to be registered as a voter at any such election.
Which one of the following states first established the institution of Lokayukta ?
Salaries of the Judges of the Supreme Court can be reduced when :
Territorial water limit of India is-
12 Nautical miles
Explanation: territorial sea: 12 nm contiguous zone: 24 nm exclusive economic zone: 200 nm
Article 15(5) was declared as the ‘basic structure’ of Indian Constitution in which of the following case by the Supreme Court ?
Ashok Kumar Thakur V/s Union of India
Hindi language is provided special status in the constitution under:
Which of the following states have bi-cameral legislature’ :
Bihar. U.P., Maharashtra. Karnataka
Explanation: Seven Indian States, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Bihar, Jammu-Kashmir, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh, have bicameral Legislatures
Who is the Chairman of National Development Council?
Explanation: Now its scrapped and taken place by NITI Ayog
Council of Minister is collectively responsible to whom ?
Explanation:But they are individually responsible to president
Which amendment under the Indian Constitution provides for the reservation in Panchayats to the Women?
During which of the following periods ‘Van-Mahotsav’ is celebrated?
In the Constitution of India ‘Education’ is included in
Which State was created in India in 1953 ?
1. Andhra Pradesh — 1953: Created by the State of Andhra Pradesh Act , 1953 — Carving out areas from erstwhile state of Madras.
2. Kerala — 1956: Created by the State Reorganization Act, 1956 — Comprised Travancor and Cochin areas.
3. Karnataka — 1956: Created by the State Reorganisation Act, 1956 — Created from princely state of Mysore, and renamed Karnataka in 1973.
4. Gujarat and Maharashtra — 1960: Created by the Bombay (Reorganization) Act, 1960 —After the state of Bombay was divided into two — Maha-rashtra and Gujarat.
5. Nagaland — 1962: Created by the State of Nagaland Act, 1962 — Carved out from Assam.
6. Haryana — 1966: Created by the Punjab (Reorganiza-tion) Act, 1966 — Carved out from the state of Punjab.
7. Himachal Pradesh — 1970: Status elevated from Union Territory by State of Himachal Prdesh Act , 1970.
8. Meghalaya — 1971: First carved out as sub-state within Assam by 23rd Constitutional Amendment, 1969. In 1971, received full status of state through North-eastern Areas (Reorganiza-tion) Act, 1971.
9. Manipur & Tripura — 1971: Both states elevated from Union Territory status through North-eastern Areas (Reorganization ) Act, 1971.
10. Sikkim — 1975: First given status of associate state through 35th Constitutional Amendment Act, 1974. Status of full state in 1975 through 36th Amendment Act.
11. Mizoram — 1986: Elevated to full statehood through State of Mizoram Act, 1986.
12. Arunachal Pradesh — 1986: Received status of full state in 1986 through State of Arunachal Pradesh Act.
13. Goa — 1987: Separated from UT of Goa, Daman and Diu and made full state by Goa, Daman and Diu Reorganiza-tion Act, 1987 .
14. Chhattisgarh — 2000: Formed by Constitutional Amendment Act, 2000 — Carved out of Madhya Pradesh on November 1, 2000.
15. Uttarakhand — 2000: Formed by Constitutional Amendment Act, 2000 — Carved out of Uttar Pradesh on November 9, 2000.
16. Jharkhand — 2000: Formed by Constitutional Amendment Act, 2000 — Carved out of Bihar on November 15, 2000.
17. Telangana-2014 from Andra Pradesh
The Governor has the power to impose Governor’s Rule in which of the following State?
The tenure of every Panchayat in India is five years from the
Jurisdiction of which among the following high courts covers the Union Territory of Lakshadweep?
Who shall be the Chairman of the Council of States in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution of India?
Minimum age for voting was reduced from 21 years to 18 years by which of the followingamendments ?
Which one of the following committees is not associated with Panchayat Raj System in India
Dinesh Goswami Committee
Explanation: Goswami Committee on Electoral Reforms
Which one of the following rules is related to Extradition?
Both (a) and (b)
Explanation: Double criminality (also known as dual criminality) is a requirement in the extradition law of many countries. It states that a suspect can be extradited from one country to stand trial for breaking a second country's laws only when a similar law exists in the extraditing country. Doctrine of Specialty is a principle of International law that is included in most extradition treaties, whereby a person who is extradited to a country to stand trial for certain criminal offenses may be tried only for those offenses and not for any other pre-extradition offenses.
Name the Committee which recommended 42 amendment in the Constitution.
State Legislative Assembly can participate in the election of following :
I. President of India
II. VicePresident of India
III. Members of Rajya Sabha
IV. Members of Legislative Council
Select the correct answer :
Article 371 E of the Constitution deals with