1. Chromotherapy is based on the fact that various lights have definitive energy bands and are linked to various organs of the body, and can help to heal them. The body has been divided into seven chakras or seven colours. For instance, it begins with the colour red going up to the head where violet is present. Their effects are also varied. Here, red works for vegetative functioning of the body, green is the centre around the heart and violet and blue represent mind related energy or spiritual energy or the cognitive energy of the body. This form of alternative therapy provides light to specific organs of the body, in order to heal them.
2. This form of therapy has no side–effects. It can heal cataract, leukemia, anxiety and panic, among other things. But it has so far only been used as a supportive treatment. But let us not forget that there is definite interest in its scientific principles across the globe.
3. An interesting study that defines the reasons behind anxiety explains that changes in the biological clock leads to neurohormonal imbalance causing disorders. Croatian scientists suggest that “Chromotherapy can regulate neurohormonal balance in human brain by activating or inhibiting complex physiological, biological and biochemical processes in human brain such as synthesis of various neurohormones”.
4. It is primarily based on Einstein’s theory that body has energy correlate outside it and if this energy correlate is brought in contact with the organ, it can actually heal the body. This includes all forms of mental or personality disorders.
5. While different colours have different frequencies and respond differently when applied to body parts, a few pointers could help next time you feel ‘blue’. For instance, the colour orange is best for people suffering from digestive ailments and those with weak immune systems. Red works for increasing blood circulation and stimulating the body and mind. Consumption of yellow coloured fruits and vegetables energizes the muscles and nerves and is also beneficial to those suffering from paralysis.
Attempt the following questions on the basis of the passage you have read:
(a) The unique thing about this theory is that __________.
(i) It is transparent
(ii) It is elaborative
(iii) It has no side effects
(iv) It deals with disorders
Correct Option is (iii) It has no side effects
(b) Neurohormones are __________.
(i) chemicals created in the stomach
(ii) hormones created in the bloodstream
(iii) hormones created in the reproductive parts
(iv) hormones created in the brain
Correct Option is (iv) hormones created in the brain
(c) The colour orange is considered best for people suffering from digestive ailments. (True/False)
(d) This form of therapy can be used as a supportive treatment. (True/False)
(e) Chromotherapy is based on the fact that various lights have definitive ___________.
(f) Red colour works for the vegetative functioning of the _________.
(g) ___________ colour is the centre around the heart.
(h) Find the word from the passage which means the same as “to become __________.