Social Science subject which includes History, Political Science, Geography and Economics might come across as boring to study initially, but once you've sorted out a way to study them, they will be as interesting as you want them to be.
Here are a few points that might be helpful in the way of studying Geography:
1. NCERT Textbooks and Solutions: NCERT textbooks are really important and provide the right guidance for all subjects as they largely focus on basic concepts and fundamentals. NCERT Textbooks for Class 9 Geography explain every concept in a proper way making it easy to understand. It is best to start with reading your CBSE NCERT Geography textbooks for class 9 well first. And mark all the important points. Also, NCERT Solutions for geography class 9 are provided here that will help you clear all your doubts regarding various questions from geography chapters. Try to attempt the questions on your own initially, and then take help and guidance from these Class 9 Geography NCERT Solutions.
Chapter 1 - India - Size and Location
Chapter 2 - Physical Features of India
Chapter 3 - Drainage
Chapter 4 - Climate
Chapter 5 - Natural Vegetation and Wild Life
Chapter 6 - Population
Every chapter has some important points that need to be highlighted for future reference. These key points for all chapters of Class 9 Geography are exactly those important points that you need to go through during your revision. They follow the same flow as the NCERT Textbook, but are more precise to save your time during revision. Understand the entire chapter with these key concepts that are brief but well explained.
2. Solve all the Questions given in the NCERT textbooks and take help from the NCERT Solutions to be well prepared to write good answers in your exam.
3. It is very important to understand what you read instead of just cramming the concepts. For this, read it as a story and attempt to remember the key words. That way, it looks like you actually mugged up the textbook. This step will make your learning definitely interesting.
Includes 221 docs, 121 videos & 48 tests
4. Once your concepts are clear and you've gained interest in the subject, move to the practice part and learn all the short and long questions and answers. Test yourself at every step for better results.
This process is valid for preparing every subject of Social Studies including preparing for History, Civics/Political Science, Economics and Geography.
GEOGRAPHY Important Topics:
Important topics will help you further ease your preparation process. Although, you need to read and understand all the chapters thoroughly in the beginning, but once you have done that, you should start focusing on the important topics for every chapter of geography as most of the questions would be asked from them in the exam. Focus on these important topics when you revise.
Chapter 1 & 2 – India – Size and Location and Physical Features of India
1. Formation of Landforms
2. The Himalayas
3. The Northern Plains
4. The Peninsular Plateau
5. The Indian Desert, Coastal plains and Islands
Chapter 3 – Drainage
1. Introduction to the Drainage System
2. Himalayan Rivers
3. Peninsular Rivers
4. Lakes and the Problem of Pollution
Chapter 4 – Climate
1. Weather and Climate
a) What is weather
b) What does the weather comprise of
c) Weather and People
d) Weather forecasting
e) What is climate
f) What are the factors affecting climate
g) Predicting Climate
h) Difference between the two
2. Seasons in India
c) Importance of Monsoon/Unifying Bond
Chapter 5 – Natural Vegetation and Wildlife
1. Flora and Fauna
a) What is Flora
b) What is Fauna
c) What are they depended on/factors
d) What is Ecosystem
e) What is Biome
2. Forests of India
a) Importance of Forests
b) Tropical Rain Forests
c) Tropical Deciduous Forests
d) Tropical Thorn Forests and Scrubs
e) Montane Forests
f) Mangrove Forests
3. Wildlife of India
a) Animals of India
c) National Parks
d) Different government initiatives
Chapter 6 – Population
1. Human Beings/People
a) What is population?
b) 3 major questions about population
c) Population Size and Distribution
d) Population Growth
e) Processes of Population Change
2. Characteristics of Population
a) Age Composition
b) Sex Ratio
c) Literacy Rate
d) Occupational Structure
f) Adolescent Population
g) National Population Policy
How to prepare for Math for Class 9?
How to prepare for Science for Class 9?
How to prepare for Hindi for Class 9?
How to prepare for Social Science (History) for Class 9?
How to prepare for Social Science (Economics) for Class 9?
How to prepare for English for Class 9?
Includes 169 docs131 videos103 tests
Includes 151 docs145 videos84 tests
Includes 349 docs104 videos
Includes 160 docs28 videos
Includes 45 tests
Includes 82 docs15 tests
Includes 138 docs
Includes 11 docs17 videos
Includes 3 docs6 videos
Includes 10 docs & 11 videos
Includes 20 docs & 6 tests
Includes 23 docs