Q.1 Who is present deputy chairman of planning commission in India?
Ans. (Montek Singh Ahluwalia)
Q.2 When planning commission was organized in India?
Ans. In the Year 1950.
Q.3 Who was the founder the concept of Indira Gandhi canal (Rajasthan canal) for the Thar desert?
Ans The founder of the concept of Indira Gandhi Canal (Rajasthan Canal ) was Kanwer Sen in 1948.
Q.4 What is total length of Indira Gandhi canal in command area?
Ans length is 9060 km.
Q.5 In which year agriculture climate planning was started in India?
Ans. In the year 1988
Q.6 How many districts of Uttarakhand were involved in hill development program?
Q-7 What suggestions given by national for committee development of hilly regions?
Ans 1) Instead of influence person all are to be benefited.
2) Development of local resources and talents.
3) The sustainable economical are to be more investment oriented.
4) To avoid exploitation of backwards areas in intra-regional trade.
5) To improve marketing system of backward areas for the benefit of labor force.
6) To maintain ecological balance.
Q-8 What programmes started for development hilly areas?
Ans 1) Development of gardening
2) Plantation agriculture
3) Animal rearing 4) Poultry
6) Development of small scales Industry
Q-9 Write the location of Bharmar region?
Ans 1) Bharmar region lies between 320 11’ and 320 41’N latitude and 760 22’E and 760 53’E longitudes spread over mostly lies between 1,818 Sq. Km.
Q-10 What type of climate found in Bharmaur region?
Ans – Bharmaur tribal region has harsh climate conditions. Bharmaur experiences freezing weather conditions and snowfall in winter. It means monthly temperature in January remains 40 C and in July 260 C.
Q- 11 Which are droughts prone areas in India?
Ans- Rajasthan, Gujarat, western Madhya Pradesh Marathwada region of Maharashtra, Royal Seema and Telangana plateaus of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka Plateau and highland and interior parts of Tamilnadu etc...
Q-12 Which programes are given in priority for development of Bharmaur Region?
Ans – This plan arid the highest priority on development of
3. Agriculture allied activities 4. Social Community Services etc...
Q 13 Describe The measure for promotion of sustainable Development in command area.
Ans. some measure proposed to promote sustainable development in command area: -
1) The first requirement in strict implementation of water management policy. The cannel project envisage protective irrigation in the stage -1 and extensive irrigation of crops and pasture development in stage-II
2) In general the cropping pattern shall not include water intensive crops. It shall be encouraged to grow plantation crops such as citrus fruits.
3) In CAD program’s such as lining of water courses. Land development and leveling and warabandi system (equal distribution of canal water in command area of outlet) shall be effectively implemented to reduce the conveyance loss of water.
4) The areas affected by water logging and soil salinity shall be reclaimed.
5) The eco – development through afforestation shelter belt plantation and pasture development in necessary particularly in the fragile environment of stage –II
6) The social sustainability in the region can be achieved only if the land allottees having poor economic background and institutional support for cultivation of land.
7) The economic sustainability in the region can not be attained only through development of agricultural and allied activities have to develop along with other sectors of economy .This shall lend to diversification oh economic base and between basic villages, agro services centres and market centres.