Question for Key Concepts: Consumer Rights
Try yourself: What is the purpose of the consumer movement?
- The consumer movement originated with the necessity of protecting and promoting the interests of consumers against unethical and unfair trade practices.
- The purpose of the consumer movement is to ensure that consumers are not exploited by producers and to advocate for their rights.
- It aims to create a fair marketplace by advocating for rules and regulations that provide protection for consumers.
- The consumer movement requires the active involvement of consumers through voluntary efforts and struggle.
- By actively participating in the consumer movement, consumers can help in creating awareness, demanding better products and services, and ensuring their rights are upheld.