1. Fibre obtained by chemical treatment of wood pulp is called ___________.
A. Natural silk
2. Nylon is obtained by __________
A. Treating wood pulp
B. Solidifying water
C. Mixing coal, air and water
D. Mixing chemicals
3. _____________ is stronger than steel wire.
A. Cotton fibre
B. Silk thread
C. Plastic thread
D. Nylon fibre
4. ________ is polyester used for making bottles, utensils, films.
5. Polyester is repeating units of _______.
6. _______ is a synthetic fibre used for making woollen clothes.
7. You must not wear synthetic fibres while working with fire because _______.
A. They make you feel cold and so you may get a frost-bite
B. They are lustrous and so they shine under the flame
C. They melt on heating and stick to your body when they catch fire
D. None of the above
8. Synthetic fibres are made using ______ as raw materials.
A. Woolen products
9. _________ is used commonly for making parachute ropes.
10 . ___________ is a popular polyester.