Page No - 19
1) Mirror: a glass which reflects a clear image
1) Mirror always tells the truth.
2) I always look at myself in the mirror before going to school.
2) Funniest: causing laughter
1) My brother told me the funniest story.
2) He is the funniest writer.
3) Breathing: taking in and throwing out of air
1) We cannot live without breathing.
2) He was breathing his last moments.
1) Ram is not sticking to his point.
2) You should be sticking to your decision.
5) Giggle: to laugh
1) They giggle at my jokes.
2) My parents giggle while watching any comedy movie.
Page No - 19
i) Why does the poet feel that the nose is a funny thing?
ii) Why is a nose important for you?
iii) Does the child in the poem like her nose? Why do you think so?
i) The poet feels that the nose is a funny thing because it grows straight with two little holes in it.
ii) Nose is important for us as it helps us in breathing.
iii) No, the child in the poem does not likes her nose. It is so because she always laughs when she sees her nose in the mirror.
Page No - 19
i) Describe a few funny things you have seen. Do they make you laugh?
ii) What does features mean? Look up the dictionary. What are the different kinds of features of people we come across in the world? Discuss.
1) The funny things that I have seen are pigs grunting and frogs hopping. They always make me laugh.
2) Features are the different characteristics of people. We come across different kinds of features in the world. Some of them are very shy while some are talkative.
Page No. 22
1. Do you know a fish breathes from its gills? Write two sentences about other animals which can breathe under water.
2. Punctuate the following passage.
mother father neelam said i have got a fire engine ive got a fire engine whats this whats this called mother somewhat confused by the noise ive got a fire engine mother come and see it.
3. Using a red pencil, choose and circle the things whose smell you like. Now with a blue pencil circle the things whose smell you do not like. Make five sentences like this –
1. Animals which can breathe under water:
2. Mother, father and Neelam said I have got a fire engine, I’ve got a fire engine. ”What’s this? What’s this? called mother somewhat confused by the noise. “I’ve got a fire engine mother. Come and see it.”
3. Disclaimer: These are sample answers. Students are advised to write the answers based o their own experiences and observations.
(a) I like the smell of soap because it reminds me of rose.
(b) I do not like the smell of rotten fruit as it reminds me of garbage.
(c) I like the smell of paint as it reminds me of my favorite perfume.
(d) I do not like the smell of dirty shoes as it reminds me of rotten tomatoes.
(e) I like the smell of chips as it reminds me of cheese pizza.
Page No. 23
What is it?
Tall ears, Twinkly nose, Tiny tail, And –hop, he goes!
What is he – Can you guess? I feed him carrots And watercress.
His ears are long, His tail is small – And he doesn’t make any noise at all!
Tall ears, Twinkly nose, Tiny tail, And – hop, he goes!
– Marie Louise Allen
Write three pairs of words that rhyme with each other.
_________ _________ _________ _________ _________
Nose - Goes
Ear - Bear
Long - Song