Page No 47:
Question 1: Learn New Words
A)Road: an open way for travel or transportation Example sentences:
1) We took the country road to meet our relatives.
2) There was a traffic jam on the road.
B) Coat: an outer garment with sleeves to make you feel warm Example sentences:
1) I will be wearing coat at the party tonight.
2) She gifted me a black coat on my birthday,
C) Quickly: at a fast speed Example sentences:
1) We walked quickly to catch the train.
2) The dog ran quickly to catch the cat.
D) Stronger: more powerful Example sentences:
1) Rohan is stronger than Smith.
2) The sun was stronger than the wind.
E) Cheeks: either side of the face below the eye Example sentences:
1) Her cheeks are pink in colour.
2) My cheeks get red during winters.
F) Won: to be successful or victory Example sentences:
1) Our team won the football match.
2) Saima won the winner championship trophy this year.
Page No 48:
“I can get his coat off more quickly than you can.” “I will let you try first.” “How cold it is!” “I give up. I cannot get his coat off!” “I have won.”
Page No 48:
Rohan tries to snatch Gita’s new book from her. What do you think is the best thing to do? Choose an answer –
• Gita runs away with her book.
• Gita fights with Rohan.
• Gita talks to Rohan.
• Gita cries in a corner.
Now share with the class why you feel so.
Disclaimer: This is a sample answer. Students are advised to write the answer based on their own experience and observation.
It would be best if Gita talks to Rohan. It is so because after having a discussion with Rohan, she will get to know why Rohan wants to have the book. It might be the case that Rohan would have needed the book urgently.
Page No 49:
Question 1: Find a rhyming word from the story for each of these words – bun hold boat fan sunny pot
Question 2: Here are some ‘doing’ words in the story walking smiling blowing pulling Find three more ‘doing’ words in the story that end in ing and then write them here.
________ ________ ________
• Choose the right word from the box below and fill in the blanks.
pulled took blew felt wanted started
One day the wind and the sun had a competition.
They ________ to make a man take off his coat.
First, the wind ________ hard.
The man ________ his coat tightly round himself.
Then the sun ________ shining hard.
The man ________ hot and he ________ off his coat.
Answer: One day the wind and the sun had a competition.
They wanted to make a man take off his coat.
First, the wind blew hard.
The man pulled his coat tightly round himself.
Then the sun started shining hard.
The man felt hot and he took off his coat.
Page No 50:
• Look at these pairs of words with opposite meanings – hot cold big small strong weak
• Now write the opposites of
• Hot cold big small strong weak
Question 2: Look at the pictures and complete the words in the puzzles.
Disclaimer: Kindly refer the textbook for the images.
Question 3: Act out the play, “The Wind and the Sun” in class. Make paper masks for the Sun and the Wind using coloured chart paper. Everybody can take turns to be the Wind, the Sun or the Man. Now write two sentences about one of the masks.___________________________________
Disclaimer: This is a creative activity meant to be done with your friends. GIven below are sample answers.Students are advised to write answers based on their own experience and observation.
• The Wind
1) I can be measured by an anemometer.
2) I can make you feel cold.
• The Sun
1) I shine very brightly in summers.
2) People usually do not like me much.
Page No 51:
A BIG WIND A big wind is blowing. Look, the leaves are flying!
The wind can blow trees down. It can blow houses down.
My house is old. Will it come down?
• Are these sentences Right (✓) or Wrong (✕) ?
1. The wind can blow down a house.
2. The wind can blow down a field.
3. The wind can blow down a child.
4. The wind can blow down a tree.
5. The wind can blow down a river.
1. The wind can blow down a house. ✓
2. The wind can blow down a field. x
3. The wind can blow down a child. x
4. The wind can blow down a tree. ✓
5. The wind can blow down a river. x