2 Marks Question
1. What is social about social Inequality and exclusion?
2. What are the different kinds of social resources?
3. Give the. meaning of the following terms -
4. What is social exclusion?
5. What is apartheid?
6. What is the correlation between caste and economic status?
7. Who is a Dalit?
8. What kind of reservations has been provided to SCs & STs by the state?
9. Examine the role of non-state authorities on the issue of caste discrimination.
10. Who are OBC’s?
11. What does the term ‘Adivasi’ mean?
12. What is the correlation between disability & poverty?
13. What did Gandhiji call the untouchables?
14. What does the term social stratification refer to?
4 Marks Question
1. Explain the key principles that help explain social stratification.
2. What are some of the contemporary issues related to women?
3. Caste is a discriminatory system. Explain;
4. Examine the role of the state’s initiatives to address caste and tribe discrimination.
5. Inequalities between men & women are social rather than natural, explain with the help of examples.
6. State the declarations of the Karachi session of INC which committed itself to women’s equality?
7. What are some of the common features to the public perception towards disability?
8. Distinguish between scheduled castes and scheduled tribes.
9. Who wrote Sultana’s dream? What does it explain?
10. Who wrote Stree Purush Tulna? What does it explain?
6 Marks Question
1. Discuss the role of social reformers in dealing with women’s issues during the colonial period.
2. Explain the meaning of the term ‘Untouchability’, along with its dimensions.
3. Tribals have faced colonialism in the pre-independent & post-independent India, explain.
4. What are the major issues taken up by the women’s movements over its history?