|1 Crore+ students have signed up on EduRev. Have you?|
2 Marks Question
1. What is caste?
2. What is dominant Caste?
3. Distinguish between Verna & Jati.
4. Mention any 4 dominant castes.
5. Define Tribes.
6. Mention the isolation and integration debate on tribes.
7. Mention the two broad sets of issues most important in giving rise to tribal movements.
8. Distinguish between Nuclear and Joint Family.
9. Define Kinship.
10. Distinguish between Endogamy and Exogamy
4 Marks Question
1. Discuss the features of caste.
2. Explain the role of caste panchayats.
3. Differentiate between tribe & Caste.
4. Explain the main factors influencing the formation of tribal identity today.
5. Explain the meaning of Sanskritization.
6. What is the role of the ideas of separation and hierarchy in the caste system?
7. What are the rules that the caste system imposes?
8. How have tribes’ been classified in India?
9. In what ways can change in social structure lead to changes in the family structure.
10. Differentiate between tribe and caste.
11. Explain the different forms of family.
6 Marks Question
1. Discuss the theoretical interpretation / or principles of the caste system.
2. Discuss the ways that strengthened the institution of caste in India under colonial rule.
3. Highlight the sources of conflict between national development and tribal development.
4. Write a note on tribal movement with special reference to Jharkhand.
5. Discuss the classification of tribes based on their traits.
6. Discuss the features of the Caste System.
7. Differentiate between Matriliny and matriarchy, in the context of the Khasi matriliny system.