2 Marks Questions
1. Define Capitalism.
2. What is Consumption?
3. Define Laissez-faire.
4. What is Marketisation?
5. What is Virtual Market?
6. Define Colonialism.
7. Mention the ways in which the World is increasing by getting connected.
8. Differentiate between subsidies & support prices.
9. What is meant by the phrase “invisible hand”?
31 [Class XII: Sociology]
10. What is Surplus value?
11. What are hundis?
12. What is Globalisation?
13. Distinguish between Liberalisation and Globalisation.
14. What is labor power?
15. Define Class
4 Marks Questions
1. Explain Commodification with examples.
2. Explain jajmani system.
3. How do caste & kin networks contribute to the success of a business?
4. How did the advent of colonialism in India produce a major upheaval in the economy?
5. Explain the status symbol.
6. How does a sociological perspective on markets & differ from an economic one?
7. What are some of the processes included under the label “globalization”?
8. What is a Sociologist’s view on markets as social institutions?
6 Marks Questions
1. In agrarian societies, periodic market is a central feature of social & economic organization. Explain.
2. What are the arguments for & against globalization? Explain.
In your opinion, will the long term benefits of globalization exceed its costs? Give reasons for your answer.