Q.1 Define Motor Development?
Ans. Motor Development refers to the development of a child’s bones, muscles and ability to move around, and react with controlled movements.
Q.2. What is a physical activity?
Ans. Physical Activity is defined as any bodily movement, requiring energy expenditure.
Q.3 State -Food supplements?
Ans. Food supplement means Nutrients added to the diet to nourish the body, these are missing in the regular diet. Food supplements include Vitamins, minerals, Fibres, Fatty Acids or amino acids among other substances. They can be in the form of powder or tablets.
Q.4. What do you mean by weight training?
Ans. Weight training means, exercises that are designed to strengthen specific muscles by causing them to overcome a fixed resistance in the form of Barbells, Dumb-bells.
Q.5. Elucidate the meaning of Gross Motor development?
Ans. Gross Motor development involves the development of large muscles in the child’s body, such as sitting, walking, running, climbing, jumping, etc.
Q.6. Define Fine motor development?
Ans. Fine motor development involves the small muscles of the body, especially in the small movements of Fingers and hand such as Writing, Holding, Catching, Smashing etc.
Q.7. Write the meaning for Quality of life?
Ans. Good quality of life refers to a lifestyle where people can carry out their day to day activities comfortably without strain
Q.8. The disadvantage of weight training in the children?
Ans.1.Risk of injury:- Incorrectly and excessive weight training introduce injury and pain in children.
2. Less flexibility:- Weight training reduces the level of flexibility because weight training is mostly practiced for the development of strength. So flexibility is reduced due to it.
3. Maturity:- Children should not begin weight training or any other workouts until they are physically and emotionally mature enough to handle it because it can lead to serious, bony injury or deformities in the children.
4. Growth of Children: Excessive weight training may cause negative effects on the normal growth of children.
5. Needs a supporter:- children shall not perform any weight training or workout in case of absence of supporter.
Q.9. Write the need for Food supplements?
Ans. Food supplements are an addition in a diet intended to provide nutrition such as vitamins, Fibres, Minerals, amino acids and Fatty acids. The advantages of Food supplement are:-
1. Food supplements provide the substances, to complete diet.
2. Food supplements to ensure they get the substances and Vitamins in sufficient quantity as per requirements.
3. Food supplements are an easy way to get nutrients as needed.
4. Food supplements provide instant energy to meet out emergencies.
Q.10. Write down precaution to take a food supplement?
Write the important consideration before taking food supplement?
Ans. Before taking the food supplements we should take the following precautions:
1 Ensure that efficiency of essential nutrients in a child. So, consult the doctor whether the child needs to take supplements or not.
2. Before purchasing, an individual should ensure that it is free from preservatives, contains no fillers and does not contain any added sugar.
3. Food supplements may create harm if they are taken in excessive dosage, especially the minerals and fat-soluble Vitamins, which can be accumulated in the body. Some of the food supplements may cause harm due to their rapid absorption in a short period of time.
4. Don’t pay HEED to the words of a salesman or the advertisement, which claim that these supplements will improve a child’s health. After taking the above-mentioned precautions into consideration, food supplements may be taken for the proper growth and development of children.
Q.11. Write the disadvantage of food supplements?
Ans.1.Overdose of food supplements is always risk for organic systems, they may lead to allergy shocks or other reactions.
2. Food supplements are very expensive. So, it is not possible for each family to buy.
3. Some bodybuilding supplements may contain steroids or like substances, those could lead to serious liver, heart, kidney illness.
4. Weight loss supplements may contain numerous untested ingredients which create risk for children.
5. The possibility of a contaminated food supplement is very high So, this is a great danger for children.
Q.12. Write the safety measures during the weight training?
Ans. Safety measures should be taken before or during weight training:-
1. Weight training should not be done alone.
2. Warming up should be done before weight training.
3. Proper limbering down should be done after training.
4. Training should be performed under the guidance of coach.
5. For best results, we should take a balanced and nutritious diet.
Q.13. Write the physical benefits of exercise on children?
Ans. Physical exercises provide opportunity for children to feel healthy and good, be active and have fun and express themselves. Some of the physical benefits of exercise are:-
1. Health: - Exercise encourages growth and development of children’s body that includes developing coordination and movement control, feeling more energetic and maintaining healthy body weight.
2. Mental Health:- Exercise improves concentration skills and the ability to manage anxiety and stress. It also helps children to feel more confident, happy and relaxed. It improves the self esteem and self concept and brings a sense of belongingness amongst children.
3. Social Skills:- The great way of developing social skills like coordination, cooperation, teamwork amongst children. It also helps developing leadership quality in them. Active children are less involved in anti-social or criminal activities.
Q.14. Explain the physiological benefits of physical exercise on children? Ans.1.Strengthens the Heart and it’s activity:- Regular exercise improves the working capacity of heart by strengthening the heart muscles and saves the person from various heart diseases. It prevents sugar accumulation in the blood and reduces the risk of diabetes. It regulates the blood pressure and increases the energy level of a person.
2. Strengthens the Bones and muscles:- Regular exercise enhances the bones mineral density and also keeps them stronger.
3. Keeps veins and arteries clear:- Exercise helps to enhance blood flow in the body... It helps in reducing harmful substances, cholesterol, and fats from the body. It increases the flexibility of blood vessels and reduces extra weight