A. Choose the correct option.
1. When the poet was young, she thought that water came from
c. the kitchen sink
2. Now she knows that water comes from
a. the taps
b. the bucket
c. rain and snow
3. Which sound word is used to describe the sound of rainwater?
4. The poet says rainwater
a. rushes to the ocean shore
b. goes slowly to the ocean shore
c. does not go to the ocean shore
B. Answer the questions.
1. Where does water wait in the sky?
Answer: Water waits in the form of clouds in the sky.
2. What does rainwater do as soon as it falls?
Answer: As soon as the rainwater falls it flows noisily to which the poet has referred to as the watery song.
3. Where do all the raindrops rush?
Answer: The raindrops rushes down to the oceans, lakes, brooks and streams.
4. Name three places from which water rises like a steam.
Answer: Three places from which water rises like a steam are oceans, lakes and streams.
5. There are seven pairs of rhyming words in the poem. Write them
1. irresponsible - Careless
2. at ease and relaxed- Comfortable
3. often forgetting things- Forgetful
4. not causing harm- Harmless
5. the quality of being kind- Kindness