We can traverse an area with the plane table along the boundry to prepare the map or plan of the area.
1) Select the traverse stations A,B,C,D,E etc on the ground.
2) Set the table on starting station ‘a’ and perform temporary
3) Mark the magnetic meridian.
4) Locate A on the sheet as ‘a’.
5) Pivot on ‘a’ bisect the next station B and draw a ray
6) Measure the distance AB and locate ‘b’ on the sheet with a suitable scale.
7) Shift the table to next station B, set the table over B, and do temporary adjustments.
8) Place the alidade along ‘ba’ and bisect A for doing orientation of plane table.
9) Pivot on b bisect c draw a ray
10) Measure the distance BC and locate ‘c’ on the sheet with the suitable scale.
11) Report the same procedure at every successive station until the traverse is completed.