A. Answer the following questions.
1. Why is the story called ‘The Giving Tree’?
2. Mention three things it gave the boy when he was little.
3. What did the tree give to the boy when he became a young man?
4. ‘I am too big to climb and play. I want to buy things and have fun. I want some money. Can you give me some money?’
(a) Who said this to whom?
(b) What can you conclude about the speaker from the above lines?
B. Fill in the blanks.
1. The story is told in the form of a __________.
2. The tree gave the boy __________ apples.
3. The tree gave apples to the young man so that he may __________ them.
4. The boy cut off the tree’s __________ to make a house.
5. An old __________ is good for sitting and resting on.
C. Think, discuss and answer the question given below.
There are people who are like a tree. They keep giving to others. Do you know anyone in your family or neighbourhood who is like that? Discuss.