CDS / AFCAT Syllabus for SSB Interview
Introduction to SSB Interview:
- Overview of the SSB (Services Selection Board) interview process for CDS (Combined Defence Services) and AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) exams.
Screening Test (Day 1) - Intelligence Test (Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning):
- Verbal Reasoning: Questions based on analogies, coding-decoding, series completion, syllogisms, etc.
- Non-Verbal Reasoning: Questions based on pattern recognition, figure classification, spatial visualization, etc.
- Tips and strategies to improve performance in the intelligence test.
Screening Test (Day 1) - Picture Perception & Discussion Test:
- Picture Perception: Candidates are shown a picture for 30 seconds and are required to write a story based on it.
- Discussion Test: Candidates are divided into groups and are required to discuss their stories in a group.
- Techniques to enhance observation skills and effective participation in the discussion.
Psychological Tests (Day 2):
- Thematic Apperception Test (TAT): Candidates are shown a series of ambiguous pictures and are required to write a story based on each picture.
- Word Association Test (WAT): Candidates are shown a series of words and are required to write a sentence or phrase related to each word.
- Situation Reaction Test (SRT): Candidates are given a set of situations and are required to provide their responses.
- Self-Description Test (SD): Candidates are required to provide a self-description based on a set of questions.
- Tips to approach and excel in the psychological tests.
Group Testing (Day 3):
- Group Discussion (GD): Candidates are divided into groups and are given a topic to discuss. Tips to effectively participate in the GD and showcase leadership qualities.
- Group Planning Exercise (GPE): Candidates are given a problem-solving task and are required to come up with a plan of action as a group.
- Progressive Group Task (PGT): Candidates are required to overcome physical obstacles as a group.
- Half Group Task (HGT): Candidates are divided into two groups and are required to complete a task using limited resources.
- Individual Obstacles (IO): Candidates are required to overcome individual physical obstacles.
- Command Task: Candidates are required to lead a group in completing a task.
- Final Group Task (FGT): Candidates are required to work as a group to complete a final task.
- Tips to showcase teamwork, leadership, and problem-solving skills during group testing.
- Overview of the personal interview process.
- Common interview questions and tips to prepare and present oneself confidently.
Conference (Day 5):
- Final round of assessment where all the assessors review the performance of the candidates.
- Tips to leave a lasting impression during the conference.
Exclusive Content for Repeaters:
- Specific guidance and tips for candidates who are reappearing for the SSB interview.
Important Topics for Group Discussions (GD):
- List of relevant topics for group discussions and tips to effectively present viewpoints and participate in the discussion.
Note: This syllabus is based on the SSB interview process for CDS and AFCAT exams. It is important to refer to the official syllabus and guidelines provided by the respective examination authorities.
This course is helpful for the following exams: NDA, CDS, Airforce X Y / Indian Navy SSR, AFCAT