Q.1 What part of Total population of India is engaged in agriculture activities:
Q.2 Which one of following is not Agro-based industry:
(a) Cement Industry
(b) Jute Industry
(c) Cotton textile Industry
(d) Sugar Industry
Q.3 It’s type of Agriculture where farmers clear a patch of and produce rereads and other food crops to sustain that family that is:
(a) Commercial farming
(b) Extensive farming
(c) Modern farming
(d) Slash and burn farming
Q4 Agriculture where a single crop is grown on large area:
(a) Shifting Agriculture
(b) Plantation agriculture
(d) Extensive Agriculture
Q.5 Which one of the following is ‘Kharif’ crop:
(d) None of these
Q.6 Maximum consumption of natural rubber is made of –
(a) Auto tyres & tubes
(c) Beats and hoses
(d) Dipped goods
Q.7 India is the larger producer as well as the consumer of the world?
Ans. 1. (a) 2. (a) 3. (d) 4. (b) 5. (c) 6(a) 7. (c)
SHORT ANSWER TYPE QUESTIONS
Q.1 What are three cropping seasons of India? Explain any one in brief.
Ans: India has three cropping seasons:-
(2) Kharif and
(1)Rabi crops: - Shown in winter from October to December.
- Harvest in summer from April to June.
- Main crop-wheat, barley, peas, gram, mustard
(2) Kharif crop: - Grown with the onset of monsoon in different parts of the country.
- Harnest in September-October.
- Maize jawar , bajra ,cotton, Soya been
(3) Zaid crops: -sown between rabbi and kharif seasons.
Crops: watermelon, Muskmelon, cucumber, fodder etc.