FAQs on Class 10 Social Science: Topper Answer Sheet for 2020 - Social Studies (SST) Class 10
|1. What is the importance of studying Social Science in Class 10?
Ans. Studying Social Science in Class 10 is important as it helps students develop a better understanding of society, culture, and the world around them. It covers subjects like History, Geography, Political Science, and Economics, which provide insights into the past, present, and future of human civilization. It helps students to develop critical thinking, analytical skills, and a broader perspective on various social issues.
|2. How can I score well in the Social Science exam for Class 10?
Ans. To score well in the Social Science exam for Class 10, you can follow these tips:
1. Understand the syllabus: Go through the entire syllabus and make note of the topics that carry more weightage in the exam.
2. Create a study plan: Divide your time wisely among different subjects and allocate specific time slots for studying Social Science.
3. Practice previous year question papers: Solve previous year question papers to get an idea of the exam pattern and types of questions asked.
4. Make notes: While studying, make concise notes of important concepts, dates, and events. These notes will help you revise quickly before the exam.
5. Discuss with classmates and teachers: Engage in group discussions or seek help from your teachers to clarify any doubts or difficult concepts.
6. Revise regularly: Regular revision is crucial. Allocate dedicated time for revising the topics you have studied.
7. Time management in the exam: During the exam, manage your time effectively by dividing it wisely among different sections and questions.
|3. What are the main subjects covered under Social Science for Class 10?
Ans. The main subjects covered under Social Science for Class 10 are:
1. History: It includes topics like the rise of nationalism, the making of a global world, the age of industrialization, etc.
2. Geography: It covers topics like resources and development, agriculture, water resources, minerals and energy resources, etc.
3. Political Science: It includes topics like power-sharing, federalism, democracy and diversity, gender, religion, and caste, etc.
4. Economics: It covers topics like development, globalization, consumer rights, poverty, etc.
|4. How can Social Science help in understanding the society around us?
Ans. Social Science helps in understanding the society around us by providing knowledge about the various social, political, economic, and cultural aspects. It helps us comprehend how societies function, how power is distributed, how historical events shape the present, and how different factors influence society.
By studying Social Science, we can analyze social issues, understand the impact of government policies, and develop a critical perspective on various socio-economic problems. It also helps in developing empathy, tolerance, and an appreciation for diversity, as it exposes students to different cultures, religions, and social systems.
|5. What are the career options available after studying Social Science in Class 10?
Ans. Studying Social Science in Class 10 can open up various career options for students. Some of the popular career paths pursued by Social Science graduates include:
1. Civil Services: Many students opt for civil services like IAS, IPS, IFS, etc., as Social Science provides a strong foundation for these competitive exams.
2. Journalism and Mass Communication: Social Science helps in developing analytical and communication skills, which are essential for careers in journalism, media, and mass communication.
3. Social Work: Students interested in making a difference in society can pursue a career in social work, working with NGOs, social welfare organizations, or government agencies.
4. Teaching and Research: Social Science graduates can opt for a career in teaching and research, becoming professors, researchers, or scholars in universities and research institutions.
5. International Relations: Social Science provides a comprehensive understanding of global affairs, making it a suitable field for careers in international relations, diplomacy, or foreign policy.
It is important to note that further specialization or higher education may be required for certain career paths in Social Science.