National Monetisation Pipeline
- The budget for 2021-22 proposes a national monetization pipeline of potential brownfield projects.
- Asset monetisation is the process of unlocking the value of investment made in public assets which have not yielded appropriate or potential returns so far.
- A brownfield investment is when a company or government entity purchases or leases existing production facilities to launch a new production activity.
- This is one strategy used in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
- The alternative to this is a greenfield investment, in which a new plant is constructed.