Includes 240 docs, 119 videos & 56 tests
Here are a few points that might be helpful in the way of studying Geography for class 10:
1. To be able to have a clear understanding of each and every concept in geography, your basics need to very strong and for this you need to do a thorough reading of NCERT Textbooks for class 10 Geography. The NCERT textbooks help you gain the conceptual knowledge of the subject which is very necessary. Also, NCERT Solutions for geography class 10 are provided here that will help you clear all your doubts regarding various questions from geography chapters. These solutions are entirely according to CBSE pattern and will guide you right with the questions and answers part.
Chapter 1 - Resources and Development
Chapter 2 - Forest and Wild Life Resources
Chapter 3 - Water Resources
Chapter 4 - Agriculture
Chapter 5 - Minerals and Energy Resources
Chapter 6 - Manufacturing Industries
Chapter 7 - Life Lines of National Economy
2. Note making is a very good habit especially for Social studies subjects. This way you you can improve your writing skills and also, these notes prepared would be quite handy during revision. Take notes for specific points in all chapters you feel are important and may tend to forget. Write and learn will prove to be very advantageous when you will write your final exam.
3. Practicing with Previous Year question papers for class 10 SST or sample papers is very important before the final exam as you will gain confidence and score good marks in the exam. You would understand the pattern of the exam and also the type of questions that one can expect. Other than that, you will be able to manage your time once you've attempted a few papers. Practice and evaluation is quite useful and important for all subjects.
The key concepts of every chapter for Geography class 10 are available here. These key concepts explain various topics of the chapter in a well-structured format for you to remember them easily. They are a precise version of NCERT Textbook. These key concepts will help you learn all the major points of every geography class 10 chapter before the exam so that they remain in your mind during the exam. Key concepts are very useful in the case when you need to save as much time as possible for revising all the subjects.
Important topics for geography class 10 are listed here to further ease your preparation process. Although, you need to read and understand all the chapters thoroughly in the beginning, but once you have done that, you should start focusing on the important topics for every chapter of geography as most of the questions would be asked from them in the exam. These topics should be given a little more attention during revision.
1. Resources and Development
Classification of resources
Degradation and conservation of land resources
Characteristics of each soil type
Soil erosion and conservation
Resource planning and sustainable development
2. Water Resources
Reasons for water scarcity in India
Various forms of rainwater harvesting in ancient period
Water storing structures in Rajasthan
Features of primitive subsistence farming, intensive subsistence farming, commercial farming
Climatic conditions required for the growth of rice and wheat crop in India
Growth of tea, coffee, jute and cotton in India
Technological and institutional reforms
3. Minerals and Energy Resources
Mode of occurrences of minerals
Iron ore belts and coal fields in India
Uses of manganese, limestone, copper, mica and aluminium
Conservation of minerals and energy resources
Production and uses of solar, wind, nuclear, tidal and geothermal energy.
4. Manufacturing Industries
Classification of industries
Importance of textile, jute and sugar industries
Importance of iron and steel and IT industries
Industrial pollution and steps to be taken to save the environment
5. Lifelines of National Economy
Advantages and disadvantages of roadways, railways, waterways and airways
Importance of international trade
Link to How to prepare for SST History for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for English for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for SST Economics for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for Science for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for Hindi for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for SST Civics for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for Mathematics for Class 10?
Includes 185 docs, 174 videos & 106 tests
Includes 277 docs, 28 videos & 5 tests
Includes 118 docs, 156 videos & 78 tests
Includes 190 docs & 40 videos
Includes 39 tests
Includes 31 docs & 84 videos
Includes 125 docs
Includes 60 docs
Includes 60 docs
Includes 38 docs
Includes 20 docs & 6 tests