|1 Crore+ students have signed up on EduRev. Have you?|
Article 368 in Part XX of the Constitution deals with the powers of Parliament to amend the Constitution and its procedure.
Types of Amendments in Indian Constitution
1. Amendment by simple majority of the Parliament
2. Amendment by special majority of the Parliament
3. Amendment by special majority of the Parliament and the ratification of at least half of the state legislatures.
1. By Simple Majority of Parliament
These provisions include:
2. By Special Majority of Parliament
3. By Special Majority of Parliament and Consent of States
The following provisions can be amended in this way:
Constitutional Amendment Process
The procedure for the amendment of the Constitution as laid down in Article 368 is as follows:
Criticism of Amendment Procedure
The following are the criticisms of the Amendment procedure: