Question for Laxmikanth Summary: Panchayati Raj
Try yourself: What is the purpose of the 73rd Amendment Act?
- The purpose of the 73rd Amendment Act is to address issues and improve local self-governance.
- This act was enacted in 1992 to empower the Panchayati Raj Institutions and enhance their role in decision-making and development at the local level.
- It aims to strengthen grassroots democracy and ensure effective participation of citizens in the governance process.
- The amendment provides for the establishment of a three-tier Panchayat Raj System, with the Gram Sabha as the foundation.
- It also includes provisions for the reservation of seats for Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) at every level of the Panchayat.
- Overall, the 73rd Amendment Act seeks to empower local communities and promote decentralization of power in India.