Page No 39:
Question 1: Learn New Words
A) Million: a product of thousand and thousand Example sentences:
1) A million people were present there.
2) I have heard this song a million time.
B) Floundering: struggling mentally in water to come out of something Example sentences:
1) She was floundering when her turn came.
2) The fish was floundering in the fisherman’s net.
C) Meshes: a network of wire or thread to catch hold of something Example sentences:
1) The fish got caught in a mesh.
2) It was very easy to make a mesh out of the leftover wires.
D) Haul: to pull with effort Example sentences:
1) He hauled his bike, as the petrol got over in it.
2) The engine hauls the other coaches of the train.
E) Contented: satisfied Example sentences:
1) I was contented with my final results.
2) My mother was contented with her work.
F) Splashing: sound made by something falling into any liquid Example sentences:
1) Reena was splashing cold water on her face.
2) The fish was splashing in the fresh water.
G) Emptied: to remove its contents Example sentences:
1) She emptied her lunch box after she reached home.
2) Rohit emptied the contents of his suitcase.
H) Wriggled: twist and turn movement Example sentneces:
1) She wriggled along with her friends in the park.
2) He wriggled after hearing the good news.
I) Warning: an advice on a serious note given in advance Example sentences:
1) He was scared of the warning.
2) The warning made him worried.
1) There are a million fish in the sea.
2) The little fish was unhappy because he was so very small.
3) One day the fish got caught in the meshes of a great net.
4) The fish was thankful to be a little fish, as he was able to come out of the meshes of the net because of its small size.
1) If I had been a fish, I might have seen sharks, whales and tortoises around me.
2) One day my mother asked me to promise her that I wouldn’t watch television when she will be out of home for two hours. I promised her the same. But, I wasn’t able to resist myself, as I was getting very bored all alone at home doing nothing. I forgot to lock the door of my room and switched on the television. It was only a few minutes later that my parents came and saw me watching television. It was a very embarrassing moment for me, as I did not mean to hurt her.
Disclaimer: These are sample answers. Students are advised to write the answers based on their own experience and observation.
Page No 40:
Question 1: Look at the pattern and fill in the blanks.
Fill in the blanks with the right word from the box.
paper flowers water matches cows wolves
Question 2: Look at the following sentence.
If I were only larger, how much happier I could be. Make more sentences like this using the words in the box.
1. If I were only___________________, how much happier I could be.
2. If I were only______________________________,
1. If I were only thinner, how much happier I could be.
2. If I were only smaller, how much happier I could be.
3. If I were taller, how much happier I would be.
4. If I were younger, how much happier I could be.
5. If I were cleverer, how much happier I could be.
6. If I were older, how much happier I could be.
Page No 41:
Question 1: Say aloud
Question 2: Singing or Crying?
Mahesh sings a little song. Venkatesh looks at him. “Why are you crying, Mahesh?” he asks. Mahesh says, “I’m not crying. I’m singing an English song!”
Choose the right words.
Mahesh sings a ________ (long/little) song.
Venkatesh ________ (looks/shouts) at him.
Venkatesh thinks Mahesh is ________ (crying/laughing).
Mahesh is ________ (singing/saying) a song.
The song is in ________ (Telugu/English).
Mahesh sings a little (long/little) song.
Venkatesh looks (looks/shouts) at him.
Venkatesh thinks Mahesh is crying (crying/laughing).
Mahesh is singing (singing/saying) a song.
The song is in English (Telugu/English).