Page No 212:
Question 1: How do you go to school?
Answer: Students are advised to write the answer on their own.
Question 2:Find out where Ladakh is. What kind of a place is it
Answer: Ladakh is located in Jammu and Kashmir. It is a very cold place.
Page No 213:
Question 1: What are the things that you enjoy doing in school?
Answer: I like to play, study and talk with my friends in the school.
Disclaimer: This is a sample answer. The answer may vary from student to student based on his/her observation and experience.
Question 2: Do you like going to school?
Answer: Yes, I like going to school.
Question 3: Would you like it if you never could go to school?
Answer: No, I would not like it if I could never go to school.
Page No 215:
Question 1: 1. Who all helped Chuskit to reach school?
2. If you were Abdul what would you have done?
3. At last, Chuskit could reach school. Do you think that she may face some difficulties in
school? What kind of difficulties? If you were Chuskit’s friend, how would you help her?
4. Do you have ramps in your school on which a wheelchair can move?
5. Do you know any child near your house who cannot go to school because of some difficulty? Would you like to help such a child? How will you help?
6. Look at the buildings around your house. Can a wheelchair go inside the building?
Answer: 1. Abdul, teachers, headmaster and other children helped Chuskit to reach the
2. I would have also tried to help Chuskit in the best possible way.
3. Yes, she might face difficulties in the school. She will not be able to play outdoor games with her friends. She will not be able to stand on her foot like other children. If I would have been Chuskit’s friend, I would have started playing some indoor games in which she could also participate. I would have tried to make her feel like other children.
Disclaimer for last three questions:The purpose of these sections is to make the students participate in activities that could bring benefit to the people and the nature surrounding them. It is highly recommended that the students prepare the answers on their own, based on their findings and experiences.
Question 2: 1. Draw pictures of a ramp and a wheelchair in your notebook.
2. Why not make your own bridge? For this, use material that you can find around you – Ice cream sticks, plastic spoons, small sticks, rope, string etc. Your friends can also make bridge.
3. In a group of friends make a model showing fields, rivers, mountains, roads, and railway tracks, etc. You can use clay, sand, pebbles, twigs, leaves. Place your bridges at different positions on this model.
Disclaimer for last two questions: The purpose of these sections is to make students observe their surroundings. The answers may vary from student to student based on his/her experience. It is highly recommended that the students prepare the answers on their own.