Page No 91:
Question 1: Learn New Words
A) Understand: to know the meaning of Example sentences:
1) She did not understand the chapter.
2) I cannot understand my best friend.
B) Climbed: to go upward Example sentences:
1) She climbed the stairs easily.
2) John climbed the ladder carefully.
C) Holy: pure or blessed Example sentences:
1) Ganga is a holy river.
2) Bible is a holy book.
D) Slowly: at a very less speed Example sentences:
1) The tortoise walks slowly.
2) He writes slowly in the class.
E) Sorry: to feel bad about something Example sentences:
1) I felt sorry for the old lady.
2) You should be sorry for what you have done.
F) Load: a heavy weight Example sentences:
1) Carry the load on your back.
2) Do not load yourself with so many books.
Page No 92:
1) The people were going to a holy place.
2) The man asked Meena about why she was carrying a boy on her back.
3) Meena was carrying her brother on her back, as he was unable to walk.
Question 2: Choose the correct answer.
1. What went up the hill? (a) a path, (b) a street, (c) a road, (d) a rail line
2. What is the name of the girl in the story? (a) Seema, (b) Beena, (c) Meena, (d) Nina
3. How old was Meena? (a) Ten, (b) Twelve, (c) Nine, (d) Eight
4. How old was Meena’s brother? (a) Five, (b) Four, (c) Six, (d) Seven
Question 3: Fill in the blanks using the correct given words
1. The boy fell in the _________ .
2. I _________ hot milk.
3. The kid is in the _________ .
4. My toy is in the _________ .
5. The lion is in the _________ .
6. The cat runs after the _________ .
7. I sit on the _________ .
Fill in the blanks with the opposite of the underlined word given in the sentence.
i. The rat ran in when the cat ran _________ .
ii. The lion is big but the ant is _________ .
iii. The giraffe has a long neck but owls are _________ .
iv. The sun appears in the day and the moon at _________ .
v. The tea is hot but the water is _________ .
vi. Trees are tall but the bushes are _________ .
vii. Ram was sad but Radha was _________ .
1. The boy fell in the pit.
2. I sip hot milk.
3. The kid is in the cot.
4. My toy is in the box.
5. The lion is in the den.
6. The cat runs after the rat.
7. I sit on the rag.
i. The rat ran in when the cat ran out.
ii. The lion is big but the ant is small.
iii. The giraffe has a long neck but owls are short.
iv. The sun appears in the day and the moon at night.
v. The tea is hot but the water is cold.
vi. Trees are tall but the bushes are small.
vii. Ram was sad but Radha was happy.
Page No 93:
1) The child who can’t see will not be able to walk and read easily.
2) Yes, I would help a child who can’t walk to school.
3) I will share my food and also talk to him so that he feels happy with me.
Disclaimer: These are sample answers. Students are advised to write the answers based on their own personal experiences and observation.
Page No 94:
Let’s know these signs
Sign Language is a visual language, consisting of signs, gestures, finger spelling and facial expressions.
Children who cannot hear may use sign language for communication. Sign language uses the hands to send information and the eyes to receive them. It is a visual manual language system with its own senettnce structure and word order. Sign language is a part of total communication method used with people who are hard of hearing. In addition to sign language the Total Communication method involves other modes of communication like lipreading, voice amplification, writing, gesture and visual imagery(pictures). Although using sign language is important for communication, it can also be an adventure for everyone.
Here are some words that you can learn in sighn language. Show and say as seen in the pictures below.