Page No 34:
Question 1: Learn New Words
A) Shell: hard protective layer to cover Example sentences:
1) I collect shells from the sea shore.
2) We can make different sounds from the shell.
B) Held: to keep or carry Example sentences:
1) I held the bag carefully.
2) My mother held the water bucket with care.
C) Surprised: something that causes wonder or amazement Exampe sentences:
1) I was surprised to see my uncle at the airport.
2) My friend gave me a surprise party on my birthday.
D) Curly: arranged in curls Example sentences:
1) Her hair is naturally curly.
2) She rolled her hair to make it look curly.
E) Clear: easy to understand Example sentences:
1) My professor made the chapter clear to us.
2) She made it clear that she is not going to join us at the party.
Page No 35:
1) The child found the sea shell lying on the sand.
2) The child picked up the shell and took it home.
3) The child heard a soft, clear and sweet song from the shell.
i. Pick the rhyming words from this box and pair them in the spaces below. The first one has been done for you.
|1. found||2. ______||3. ______||4. ______||5. ______|
ii. Fill in the blanks with the opposite word choosing from the box below. The first one is done for you.
|1. found||2. cold||3. took||4. sand||5. mummy|
Page No 36:
The Sea is Big
The sea is big.
It is very, very big.
You cannot see the other side of the sea.
You can cross the sea in a ship
But you must go for many, many days.
Choose the right words.
1. The sea is very, very _________ (big/far).
2. You cannot _________ (hear/see) the other side.
3. You _________ (can/cannot) cross the sea.
4. You can cross it in a _________ (bus/ship).
1. The sea is very, very big (big/far).
2. You cannot see (hear/see) the other side.
3. You can (can/cannot) cross the sea.
4. You can cross it in a ship (bus/ship).
Question 2: She sells sea-shells. She sells sea-shells on the sea-shore.
Answer: She sells sea-shells. She sells sea-shells on the sea-shore.
Disclaimer: Students are advised to practice this on their own.
Page No 37:
Question 1: Read the following
Birds sing. Phones ring. People talk. Dogs bark. Cows moo. Cocks crow. Bees buzz. Children hush!
Match the phrases with the picture.
A bird singing
A cow mooing
A phone ringing
A dog barking
A cock crowing
Disclaimer: Kindly refer to the textbook for images.