1. A notice is meant to provide important information to the concerned people or the public in general in about 50 words.
2. Content, expression, coherence and relevance of the content presented is extremely imporant. Content comprises mention of event, date/time/venue and any other detail e.g. last date etc. Format comprises school/institute name, the word NOTICE, header, date, writer’s name and designation.
3. It must provide 5 points of information.
4. A well written notice must inform the readers about the 5 W’s
WHAT is going to happen, i.e. the event
WHERE it will take place.
WHEN it will take place (date and the time)
WHO can apply for it/ are eligible to take part.
WHOM to contact or apply to (i.e. the issuing authority)
5. The information given in the notice must be clear and should not cause any misunderstanding or confusion.
6. Heading must be catchy and appealing so that it attracts the readers’ attention at once.