A. Fill in the blanks by choosing the correct word from the brackets.
1. The hungry cat ________ (pounced/bounced) on the little mouse.
2. The teacher asked the children to ________ (write/right) their names on their paintings.
3. My mother is not home so she has left a note on a ________ (peace/piece) of paper for me.
4. The Himalayan range has the ________ (highest/biggest) mountain in the world.
5. The ________ (driver/pilot) welcomed the passengers on the flight.
6. The book I am ________ (reading/watching) has many interesting stories.
7. Our flag is called tricolour because it has three ________ . (colours/stripes)
8. All the shops were ________ (crowded/loud) because of the sale.
B. Complete the following sentences with words from the box.
1. The phone is ________ .
2. People are ________ .
3. Monkeys are ________ .
4. The clock is ________ .
5. The children are ________ .
Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow.
APJ Abdul Kalam is also known as the 'Missile Man of India'. APJ Abdul Kalam was the 11th President of India and a great scientist. Dr Kalam worked as a paper boy to support his father. He was not the brightest student in his school but was very hard-working. Once, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam was suggested that broken glass to be put on the wall of a building that needed protection. Dr Kalam refused saying, ‘If we do that, birds will not be able to perch on the wall.’ Dr Kalam loved spending time with children. He would patiently answer all the questions that he was asked. On his visit to Kerala after becoming the President, he invited a roadside cobbler who was quite close to Dr Kalam and the owner of the small hotel where Dr Kalam would often have his meals.
A humble and generous man he was known to sign his own thank-you cards.
A. Answer the following questions.
Q.1. Who was APJ Abdul Kalam?
Q.2. What kind of student was APJ Kalam?
Q.3. Write a few words that describe APJ Abdul Kalam's character.
Q.4. What was APJ Abdul Kalam also known as?
B. Match the following columns.
|4.||Support||Person who mends shoes|