|Why students choose EduRev for their CLAT Exam||4.6 (150K+ ratings)|
CLAT full form is Common Law Admission Test. CLAT Exam is a widely recognized and respected entrance examination for law programs in India. By doing well in the exam, you can gain admission to a top law school and enhance your career prospects. CLAT Exam allows you to apply to multiple law schools with a single application, saving you time and effort.
If you wish to gain an in-depth understanding of the CLAT Exam, it is highly encouraged that you read through this article titled "About CLAT Exam."
CLAT consists of a total of 5 sections. It will be conducted offline in pen-paper mode.
The question paper has questions from subjects such as English, CLAT Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, CLAT Quantitative Aptitude, CLAT Current Affairs, and General Knowledge. The recent CLAT Exam pattern includes 150 passage-based MCQs for a total of 150 marks.
Check in detail about CLAT Exam Syllabus & Pattern through the doc: Complete Section Wise Syllabus of CLAT Exam
Here is a list of things that EduRev App provides in its CLAT Study Material, which gives you the right direction, provides you the best CLAT online coaching, and makes sure that you study what actually matters for CLAT Exam.
1. Subjectwise Preparation for CLAT: Legal Aptitude for CLAT, English, Quant, Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning
2. CLAT Previous Year Papers with Answer
3. Passage Based Questions for CLAT
4. Topic wise tests, Mock tests, Section wise questions
5. How to Prepare for CLAT
Important Links for CLAT
You can prepare for CLAT Exam, easily at home through EduRev Infinity Package for CLAT
1 month of preparation may be challenging to achieve a good score in the CLAT Exam. The CLAT Exam requires a significant amount of knowledge and practice, and one month may not be sufficient to cover all the topics and practice enough. It is recommended to start preparing well in advance, ideally at least 6 months before the exam, to have the necessary time to cover all the topics and practice enough.
The CLAT UG Exam tests the candidate's knowledge in five main areas: English, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Techniques. To prepare for the exam, it is recommended to study: English grammar and vocabulary, reading comprehension, legal principles and terms, current events and general knowledge, logical reasoning and analytical ability, and quantitative techniques.
The CLAT Exam is considered to be a challenging and competitive exam as it tests a wide range of knowledge and skills. It requires a good understanding of legal principles, strong analytical and logical reasoning skills, as well as a broad knowledge of current events and general knowledge. It also tests your proficiency in English language. It's a test of your aptitude and knowledge, if you have prepared well, it would be less difficult.
Some of the best books for CLAT Preparation include Word Power Made Easy" by Norman Lewis, "Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and LLB Exams" by Arihant Experts, "Objective English for Competitive Examinations" by Hari Mohan Prasad.
One subscription to unlock all
View Pricing Plans Starting @ $1 per month
CLAT Exam preparation at EduRev
1. CLAT exam: The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam conducted for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate law programs in various law universities across India. It evaluates a candidate's aptitude and knowledge in areas such as English, general knowledge, legal reasoning, logical reasoning, and mathematics. The CLAT exam is highly competitive and requires thorough preparation to secure a good rank and secure admission in a reputed law college.
2. CLAT preparation: Effective preparation is crucial to crack the CLAT exam and secure a seat in a top law college. It involves a systematic study plan, comprehensive understanding of the syllabus, regular practice of mock tests and previous year papers, and continuous evaluation of performance. Aspirants can opt for self-study or join a reputed coaching institute that offers guidance, study material, and mock tests to enhance their preparation and improve their chances of success.
3. CLAT syllabus: The CLAT syllabus comprises various subjects and topics that assess a candidate's aptitude and knowledge required for pursuing a law degree. It includes English language, general knowledge and current affairs, legal reasoning, logical reasoning, and elementary mathematics. Understanding the syllabus is essential to create an effective study plan and cover all the topics thoroughly during the preparation phase.
4. CLAT coaching: CLAT coaching institutes provide guidance, study material, and expert faculty to help aspirants prepare for the exam. These coaching institutes offer comprehensive courses that cover all the subjects and topics included in the CLAT syllabus. They also conduct regular mock tests and provide personalized feedback to assess the performance of students and identify areas that need improvement. Joining a reputed coaching institute can significantly enhance the chances of success in the CLAT exam.
5. CLAT online classes: With the advent of technology, online classes have become a popular choice for CLAT preparation. Online platforms offer live interactive classes, study material, mock tests, and doubt-solving sessions. These classes provide the flexibility to study at one's own pace and convenience, eliminating the need for physical travel to coaching centers. Online classes also allow access to expert faculty and resources from anywhere, making it a convenient and effective mode of CLAT preparation.
6. CLAT mock tests: Mock tests are an integral part of CLAT preparation as they simulate the actual exam environment and help candidates assess their performance. Regular practice of mock tests helps in improving time management skills, identifying strengths and weaknesses, and building confidence. Mock tests also familiarize candidates with the exam pattern and enable them to strategize their approach for the actual exam.
7. CLAT previous year papers: Solving previous year CLAT papers is an effective way to understand the exam pattern, question types, and difficulty level. It helps candidates in gaining insight into the expected topics and trends. By solving previous year papers, candidates can also gauge their preparation level and identify areas that require more focus. It is recommended to solve a sufficient number of previous year papers to enhance familiarity and boost confidence.
8. Best CLAT coaching institutes: Choosing the right coaching institute is crucial for CLAT preparation. The best CLAT coaching institutes offer experienced faculty, comprehensive study material, regular mock tests, doubt-solving sessions, and personalized attention to each student. They have a track record of producing successful candidates and provide a conducive learning environment. Extensive research, reviews, and feedback from past students can help in identifying the best coaching institutes for CLAT preparation.
9. CLAT study material: Quality study material is essential for effective CLAT preparation. It should cover the entire syllabus, provide comprehensive explanations, and include ample practice questions. The study material should be updated and aligned with the latest exam pattern and trends. Aspirants can choose study materials provided by coaching institutes, online platforms, or refer to renowned books and publications recommended for CLAT preparation.
10. CLAT exam pattern: Understanding the CLAT exam pattern is crucial to strategize and prepare effectively. The exam consists of multiple-choice questions with negative marking for wrong answers. It usually comprises sections on English language, general knowledge and current affairs, legal reasoning, logical reasoning, and elementary mathematics. Familiarizing oneself with the exam pattern helps in managing time, attempting questions with accuracy, and maximizing scores.
11. CLAT eligibility criteria: Before applying for the CLAT exam, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria specified by the conducting authority. The criteria may include age limit, educational qualifications, and minimum percentage requirements. It is essential to thoroughly read and understand the eligibility criteria to ensure eligibility before filling the CLAT application form.
12. CLAT application form: The CLAT application form is available online, and candidates need to fill it accurately with the required details. The form usually includes personal information, educational qualifications, choice of law universities, and payment of the application fee. Candidates must pay attention to the deadlines and submit the form within the specified time frame. Any errors or discrepancies in the application form can lead to rejection, so it is crucial to double-check all the information before submission.
13. CLAT exam date: The CLAT exam date is announced by the conducting authority well in advance. It is important for candidates to keep track of the exam date and plan their preparation accordingly. Being aware of the exam date helps in creating a study schedule, revising and practicing effectively, and avoiding last-minute stress. It is advisable to mark the exam date on the calendar and set reminders to stay organized and focused.
14. CLAT results: The CLAT results are usually declared a few weeks after the exam. Candidates can check their results online by entering their roll number or registration number. The result displays the overall score, sectional scores, and the rank obtained by the candidate. Based on the results, candidates can shortlist law colleges for admission and proceed with the next steps of the admission process.
15. CLAT counselling process: After the declaration of results, the CLAT counselling process begins. It involves the allocation of seats in various law universities based on the candidate's rank and preference. The counselling process may include choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and payment of admission fees. Candidates must participate in the counselling process as per the specified schedule to secure admission in their desired law college.
Free Exam Preparation
at your Fingertips!
Access Free Study Material - Test Series, Structured Courses, Free Videos & Study Notes and Prepare for Your Exam With Ease
Join the 10M+ students on EduRev