Economics is also a part of Class 10 Social studies carrying equal weightage as other three subjects. While preparing and revising for this exam and if you need to score really good, you need to prepare a list of important topics and questions that are frequently asked in the examinations. Practise these regularly as economics can be understood when you have done enough practice and revision.
Includes 240 docs, 119 videos & 56 tests
Follow these tips when preparing for Economics class 10:
1. NCERT Textbooks and Solutions play a vital role in the preparation for Class 10 Economics. CBSE Class 10 Economics NCERT Solutions are created by experts of the subject, hence, sure to prepare students to score well. These NCERT Solutions for class 10 economics include questions and answers related to each topic and students can refer them in case of any doubt or difficulty. These NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Economics help in strengthening students’ foundation in the subject.
Understanding Economic Development
Chapter 1 - Development
Chapter 2 - Sectors of the Indian Economy
Chapter 3 - Money and Credit
Chapter 4 - Globalisation and the Indian Economy
Chapter 5 - Consumer Rights
2. When you read a chapter from the textbook, do make notes simultaneously and revise them the next day. This way you you can improve your writing skills and also, these notes prepared would be quite handy during revision. Writing skills are very important in this exam as you need to manage time and also be able to write good answers.
3. You must test and evaluate yourself with Previous Year question papers for class 10 SST or sample papers as it will help you gain confidence and score good marks in the exam. In this process of practice and evaluation, you will get to know your weak points and your strengths. You can work on your weak points to be sure about them during the exam. Also, you would understand the pattern of the exam and also the type of questions that one can expect.
Your revision process is taken care of with these key concepts for every chapter of Economics class 10. Students should give a good amount of time to revision and as far as economics for class 10 is concerned, revision is a must. But, that does not mean you should go through your textbooks once again before the exam as you need to save as much time as possible for revising all the subjects. The key concepts for class 10 economics play a crucial role here as they help you manage your time and revise all the chapters in one go.
Class 10 Economics - Important Topics
To make your preparation much easier and also help you save a lot of time during revision, here is a list of Important topics for Class 10 Economics. Initially, there should be a thorough understanding of all the chapters and topics. Only after that has been achieved, you can shift
your focus to these important topics. You can do a quick revision of these topics before the exam. This is smart way of preparing for exams.
Different notions of development
Criterion for comparing the development of different countries
Concept of Body Mass Index
2. Sectors of the Indian Economy
Main features of the three sectors of economy
Sectoral distribution of the Indian economy
Rising importance of the tertiary sector
Organised and unorganised sectors
3. Money and Credit
Modern forms of money
Money as a medium of exchange
Formal sources of credit in India
Self Help Groups
4. Globalisation and the Indian Economy
Meaning of globalisation
Reasons for MNCs setting up their businesses in India
Advantages and limitation of globalisation on the Indian economy
5. Consumer Rights
Various problems faced by consumers in the market place
Various consumer rights
Where and how can consumers get justice?
Consumer products and logos
Link to How to prepare for SST History for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for SST Geography for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for English for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for Science for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for Hindi for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for SST Civics for Class 10?
Link to How to prepare for Mathematics for Class 10?
Includes 185 docs,174 videos & 106 tests
Includes 277 docs, 28 videos & 5 tests
Includes 118 docs, 156 videos & 78 tests
Includes 190 docs & 40 videos
Includes 39 tests
Includes 31 docs & 84 videos
Includes 125 docs
Includes 60 docs
Includes 60 docs
Includes 38 docs
Includes 20 docs & 6 tests