Page No 53:
Question 1: Learn New Words
A) Mountains: a large steep hill Example sentences:
1) We can see the mountains from our classroom window.
2) We climbed the mountains with a lot of effort.
B) Passengers: a traveller on a public conveyance Example sentences:
1) The passengers were tired after the long journey.
2) Passengers are not allowed to travel without ticket.
C) Rivers: a large natural stream of water Example sentences:
1) The rivers crossed each other at a point.
2) The rivers crossed the mountains.
D) Precious: of great value Example sentences:
1) It is a precious work of art.
2) Time is precious.
E) Mail: letters and parcels sent by post Example sentences:
1) I got a mail from my grandfather.
2) He did not receive any mail from his college.
F) Plains: a large area of flat land with few trees Example sentences:
1) Cows were grazing in the plains.
2) We went to a vast open plain on picnic.
G) Dusk: dim or dark Example sentences:
1) He went home at the end of dusk.
2) The dusk fell quickly.
H) Dawn: first light of the day Example sentences:
1) We had to get up at the time of dawn.
2) The dawn brought golden rays of sunlight with it.
Page No 54:
1) The trains run over the mountains, plains and rivers.
2) Passengers and mails are the ‘precious loads’ that they carry.
3) The trains run through day and darkness.
4) ‘Dusk’ is the time of the day immediately after sunset. ‘Dawn’ is the first light of day.
Draw and name the things you would need in this suitcase.
Answer: These are sample answers provided to you. Students are advised to write the answers based on their own personal experiences and observation.
1) Yes, I enjoy train rides. I like to go on train ride with my family members.
2) If I had to travel over a long distance, I would like to go by train because I can enjoy the weather and also get a nice view from the train.
3) If I had to spend the night on a train, I would take a blanket, pillow and a water bottle with me.
Disclaimer: It is an opinion based answer and the answer may vary from student to student.
Question 3: Describe an interesting train or bus journey you have taken, or would like to take. Write four sentences about your journey. You can use some of the following words and phrases.
Example : I went to the railway station with my father
I went to the railway station with my father. The train was waiting for the passengers to board. I got the seat near the window. The ticket collector came to check our tickets. As the train started to run, I saw big and small trees on the way. The train also passed the hills. After an hour, the train took a halt at the next station. We got down from the train to get some tea. The tea stalls were crowded with many people. After few minutes, the train blew a loud whistle to indicate its passengers to board the train.
Disclaimer: This is a sample answer. Students are advised to write the answer based on their own experience and observation.
Page No 55:
i. Sort out these different means of transport into correct groups. One is done for you.
ii. Complete the sentences
1. Give me some ________ to eat. (food/clothes)
2. Play with ________ . (me/grey)
3. Swim across ________ (the river/the boat)
4. Let’s get on the ________ (train/dawn)
1. Give me some food to eat. (food/clothes)
2. Play with me. (me/grey)
3. Swim across the river. (the river/the boat)
4. Let’s get on the train. (train/dawn)
Page No 56:
Question 1: Disclaimer: Kindly refer to the textbook for the images.
Crouch low, then rise, take off and move around the room. Come down like a rocket and dance to:
Up, up, up in a rocket, up we’ll go, up we’ll go, Up, up, up in a rocket, A-way-up high we’ll go.
Disclaimer: This is an activity to be done along with your friends in the classroom.