BANKING & FINANCIAL AWARENESS
1. Which bank has launched ‘DIGITAL APNAYEN’ campaign to encourage customers to use digital banking channels ______ Punjab National Bank.
➢ The campaign launched by the bank’s Managing Director S S Mallikarjuna Rao on the occasion of Independence Day is till March 31, 2021.
➢ PNB encourage customers to use digital channels and participate in the noble cause of donating to the PM CARES Fund for COVID-19.
2. What amount the Reserve Bank of India has decided to transfer as dividend to the central government accounting year 2019-20 ______ Rs 57,128 crore.
➢ It has decided to maintain a contingency risk buffer of 5.5 percent at the minimum threshold recommended by the Jalan committee to review RBI's capital framework.
➢ The central board approved the dividend at its 584th meeting through video conferencing to discuss the financial operations and the balance sheet for the financial year 2019-20 .
3. The National Stock Exchange of India jointly developed and launched Platform for Investor Education (PIE), an online investor education resource centre with which Business school ______ IIM Bangalore.
➢ The PIE was launched in a virtual meet attended by Mr. Nagendraa Parakh, Executive Director of SEBI, Mr. Vikram^Limaye MD & CEO of NSE and Professor Rishikesha T Krishnan, Director of IIM Bangalore.
➢ PIE will serve as a unique platform to impart investor education in a simpler way through video, audio and other digital media formats.
4. Which of the following Private sector banks has garnered Rs 15,000 crores under its qualified institutional placement (QIP) ______ Yes Bank.
➢ Investors were allocated 41.89 crore shares at an issue price of Rs 358 per equity.
➢ During the share sale, Monetary Authority of Singapore picked up 4.6 crore shares, representing 11.06 per cent of the QIP size.
➢ Other prominent investors included Morgan Stanley Investment Funds Global Opportunity Fund and Societe Generale-ODI picking up 7.31 per cent and 5.55 per cent, respectively.
5. Which of the following exchanges is going to launch India’s first bullion index named “Bulldex” ______ Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX).
➢ Bullions, viz. gold and silver are already being traded as individual commodities on the country’s premier commodity exchange.
➢ With gold and silver as underlying, Bulldex will have a market lot size of 50 and be cash-settled futures contract. MCX had tested bullion index futures trade in mock trading exercises in July.
6. The Reserve Bank of India has lifted restrictions on the remuneration of the Bandhan Bank’s MD & CEO. Who is present MD and CEO of Bandhan Bank ______ Chandra Shekhar Ghosh.
➢ The RBI had lifted restrictions on the remuneration of the bank’s MD & CEO Chandra Shekhar Ghosh at the existing level.
➢ The curbs were withdrawn after the lender met RBI norms to reduce promoters’ stake to 40%.
➢ All regulatory restrictions imposed by the RBI on the lender are now withdrawn.
7. Which Indian company announced the acquisition of Akorn India, a subsidiary of U.S. firm Akorn Inc ______ Biological E.
➢ The acquisition, for an undisclosed sum, comes days after BE entered into an agreement with Johnson & Johnson firm Janssen Pharmaceutica, whose COVID-19 vaccine candidate (Ad26.COV2.S) is undergoing clinical trials.
8. Which payments bank has launched an Aadhaar Authentication based digital savings account Jan BachatKhata (JBK) ______ Fino Payments Bank.
➢ Under the JBK, customers can transact at a Fino branch or merchant point with fingerprint and OTP combination, while at non-Fino points they need Aadhaar authentication.
➢ Earlier, Fino Payments Bank had introduced Shubh and Bhavishya, subscription-based savings accounts targeted at specific customer segments.
9. Which bank has approved a total of 1 billion USD loan to provide assistance for the construction of modern, high-speed Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System ______ Asian Development Bank.
➢ ADB’S finance will include the construction of railway tracks, station buildings, maintenance facilities, and traction, and power supply.
➢ The project aims at smoothening regional connectivity by establishing transit options across the densely populated sectors of the National Capital Region connecting Delhi to Meerut in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
10. Muthoot Finance has partnered with which insurer to offer COVID-19 insurance cover of up to Rs 1 lakh under the initiative Muthoot Finance Ayush Gold Loan ______ Kotak Mahindra General Insurance.
➢ The cover will be available only for the customers who avail gold loan from Muthoot Finance under the Muthoot Super Loan(MSL) scheme.
➢ Along with this cover Muthoot Finance is also offering a higher per gram lending rate for Gold Loan for its MSL scheme gold loan customers.
➢ This cover is as a part of Muthoot Finance ongoing customer loyalty programme and social commitment.
11. Which bank has launched ‘Loan against Securities’ is a unique digital solution under its loan in seconds platform ______ Yes Bank.
➢ ‘Loan against Securities’ is an unique digital solution launched by the YES Bank under its loan in seconds platform.
➢ “Loan against Securities” will enable customers to avail loan facility against the securities that they hold.
➢ The customers are required only to pledge the securities and not selling them.
12. Which company has acquired majority equity stake in Chennai-based Vitalic Health Pvt. Ltd. as well as in its subsidiaries ______ Reliance Retail Ventures Limited.
➢ Total transaction costed approximately Rs 620 crores. Vitalic Health Pvt. Ltd. is engaged in the business of pharma distribution, sales, and business support services, while its subsidiary runs an online pharmacy platform “Netmeds” which connects customers to pharmacists and offers door step delivery of medicines, nutritional health as well as wellness products
13. As per the “Framework for authorisation of pan-India Umbrella Entity for Retail Payments” released by RBI what should be the minimum paid-up capital of the umbrella entity ______ Rs 500 crore.
➢ Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the “Framework for authorisation of pan-India Umbrella Entity for Retail Payments” on the lines of the feedback received on the “draft framework for authorisation of a pan-India New Umbrella Entity for Retail Payment Systems” which was placed on Reserve Bank’s website on February 10, 2020 for public comments.
➢ In this regard, the apex bank has invited applications from eligible companies by February 26, 2021, the scrutiny of which will be undertaken by an External Advisory Committee (EAC).
14. Bharti AXA Life Insurance has entered into bancassurance partnership with which bank ______ SBM Bank.
➢ Under this agreement, Bharti AXA Life Insurance will offer its entire suite of life insurance products, including protection, health, savings and investment plans, to the customers of SBM Private Wealth, the retail banking arm of SBM Bank India.
➢ Through this alliance the customers of SBM Bank India will be empowered with protection and comprehensive financial planning solutions from the product portfolio of Bharti AXA Life Insurance.
15. Which General Insurance company has collaborated with BSE EBIX Insurance Broking Private Limited (BSE EBIX) to sell General Insurance products ______ Universal Sompo General Insurance.
➢ The partnership was initiated with the issuance of the recently launched Corona Kavach cover of Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Ltd through certified Point of Sales Persons (PoSPs) of BSE EBIX.
➢ The partnership will enable more people to avail insurance plans and protect themselves and their families from COVID-19.
16. Which bank has launched ‘DigiGo’, a digital initiative to enable the opening of savings account instantly ______ Lakshmi Vilas Bank.
➢ LVB’s new initiative will help people to avail the most required banking services instantly through the website.
➢ As a Lakshmi DigiGo customer, one can visit the nearest LVB Branch and convert his/her “Lakshmi DigiGo”, account to a fully-featured regular account of choice and avail cheque book, debit card and a host of other facilities.
1. Famous sportsperson Chetan Chauhan passed away recently, he was associated with which sports ______ Cricket.
➢ He was Minister for youth and sports in the state of Uttar Pradesh Cabinet in 2018 and has also served as Minister of Sainik Welfare, Home Guards, PRD and Civil Security in the UP Cabinet.
2. Noted Carnatic musician Dr B Siva Kumar passed away recently, he was proficient in which musical instrument ______ Veena.
➢ Dr Siva Kumar, a science graduate of Loyola College Chennai has also taken MA in Music from Bharathi Dasan university and followed it up with a PhD in Music.
➢ He has won several awards including the Tamil Iyal Isai Nataka sangam award and the award for Ragam Tanam Pallavi presentation from the Tamil Isai Sangam.
3. Renowned personality Nishikant Kamat passed away, he was a veteran ______ Film Director.
➢ Nishikant had directed some popular Bollywood movies like Force, Drishyam and Madaari. He made his silver screen debut in 2004 with the Hindi movie Hava Aney Dey.
➢ In 2008, Kamat helmed his first Bollywood film Mumbai Meri Jaan. As an actor, he was known for his performances in Daddy, Rocky Handsome, Julie 2 and Bhavesh Joshi. He was also the creative producer of the web series The Final Call and Rangbaaz Phirse.
4. Renowned personality Pandit Jasraj passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ Vocalist.
➢ Pandit Jasraj was a recipient of India’s fourth-highest civilian award, Padma Shri in 1975; Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 1987 and Padma Bhushan in 1999.
➢ In the year 2000, the government of India conferred him with Padma Vibhushan, the second-highest civilian honour in the country.
5. Legendary sportsperson Angela Buxton passed away recently; she was associated with which sports ______ Tennis.
➢ Buxton won the women’s doubles alongside Althea Gibson at both Roland Garros and Wimbledon in 1956.
➢ Buxton also reached the singles final at Wimbledon 1956 but lost to American Shirley Fry.
6. Renowned personality Russell A. Kirsch passed away recently, he was a veteran ______ computer scientist.
➢ Russell Kirsch, a computer scientist credited with inventing the pixel and scanning the world's first digital photograph, passed away at his home in Portland.
➢ Pixels, the digital dots used to display photos; video and computer screens were invented by Russell Kirsch in 1957.He scanned the world’s first digital photograph.
1. The World Humanitarian Day (WHD) is observed globally every year on ______ 19th August.
➢ This day is celebrated to pay tribute to humanitarian personnel and those workers who lost or risked their lives while doing humanitarian service.
➢ This year is the 11th edition of World Humanitarian Day.
2. The World Photography Day also known as World Photo Day is observed annually on ______ 19th August.
➢ The Day is celebrated to inspire photographers across the globe to share a single photo with a purpose of sharing their world to the world.
➢ The day celebrates the arts, crafts, science and history of Photography.
3. Indian Akshay Urja Day or Renewable Energy Day is observed on every year on which date ______ 20th August.
➢ It is significant to promote awareness about renewable resources among people who are ignorant about the subject.
➢ Indian Akshay Urja Day was established in 2004 to support renewable energy development programs and promote its use instead of traditional sources of energy. The very first event relating to Akshay Urja Diwas was organized in New Delhi.
4. Whose birth anniversary is celebrated as Sadbhavana Diwas or Harmony Day on 20th August every year ______ Rajiv Gandhi.
➢ This year on 20th August 2020, we are going to celebrate the 76th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
➢ The Indian National Congress instituted Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Award in 1992, a year after his death.
➢ Every year this day is celebrated in the memory of the late Rajiv Gandhi who was the youngest Prime Minister of India at the age of 40 years.
5. World Mosquito Day is observed annually on which date ______ 20th August.
➢ The Day is celebrated to raise awareness about the Causes and Prevention of Malaria and to commemorate the discovery made by British Doctor Sir Ronald Ross in 1897 that female Anopheles mosquitoes transmit Malaria between humans.
6. The World Senior Citizen Day is observed globally every year on ______ 21st August.
➢ This day is celebrated to raise awareness about issues affecting older people, such as deterioration with age and the abuse of the elderly and support, honour and show appreciation to seniors and to recognize their achievements.
➢ The World Senior Citizen’s Day also recognises and acknowledges the contributions of older people to society.
7. International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism observed globally every year on ______ 21st August.
➢ The day is observed to pay tribute to the individuals across the globe who have been attacked, injured, traumatized or lost their lives because of terrorist attacks.
➢ This year, the 3rd commemoration of the day will focus on the response to the pandemic and cancellation of many memorials and commemorations, it is critical to take the time to remember and honour the victims of terrorism.
1. Who has been appointed as the Director General of the Border Security Force (BSF) ______ Rakesh Asthana
➢ Asthana is currently heading the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) with an additional charge of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), will assume full-time charge of the border guarding force deployed at the approximately 2,280 km long border with Pakistan.
2. Who among the following has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of GoAir Airline ______ Kaushik Khona.
➢ GoAir is owned by the Indian business conglomerate Wadia Group.
➢ Khona brings with himself more than 32 years of corporate experience and all at the CXO level. He was with the Wadia Group for almost 4 years from 2008 to 2011.
3. Goa Governor Satya Pal Malik has been appointed as the new Governor of which state ______ Meghalaya.
➢ Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari has been given the additional charge of Goa, it added.
➢ Mr. Malik, who was Governor of Jammu and Kashmir when its special status under Article 370 was abrogated last August, will be replacing Tathagata Roy in Meghalaya.
4. Recently, Ashok Lavasa has stepped down from which constitutional post ______ Election Commissioner of India.
➢ Lavasa is set to join the Philippines-based Asian Development Bank as the vice-president from September 2020.
➢ He will succeed the incumbent vice-president Diwakar Gupta, who is in charge of private sector operations, and public-private partnerships.
5. Who among the following has been appointed as Executive Director (ED) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) ______ GP Garg.
➢ The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has appointed GP Garg as executive director (ED). Prior to this, he was Chief General Manager in Sebi and has handled several assignments since joining in January 1994.
➢ He has been closely associated with Sebi’s initiatives on financial literacy and investor education in the country.
6. Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Sports eyewear “Oakley” ______ Rohit Sharma.
➢ As a part of the partnership, Sharma will be sporting Oakley eyewear equipped with patented Prizm technology created specifically for sports lenses.
➢ With this partnership, Sharma will sport the brand’s performance eyewear on and off the pitch.
➢ He joins the likes of Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh and Milind Soman who have endorsed the brand before.
7. Luis Rodolfo Abinader Corona has been sworn in as the 54th President of which country ______ Dominican Republic.
➢ Abinader’s Modern Revolutionary Party (PRM) won the elections with 53% vote, while Gonzalo Castillo who was the candidate of the ruling PLD got 37.7%.
➢ The 53-year old Luis Rodolfo Abinader was elected to the four-year term on July 5, which ended the 16-year run in power by the Center-Left Dominican Liberation Party (PLD).
8. Who has been appointed as the Prime Minister of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago for a 2nd consecutive 5-year term ______ Keith Rowley.
➢ Keith Rowley sworn in as Prime Minister of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago for a 2nd consecutive 5-year term. He is from the ruling People’s National Movement (PNM).
➢ As per the preliminary result, PNM won 22 of the 41 electoral seats, while the opposition United National Congress (UNC) led by former prime minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar won 19 seats.
9. Who has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the newly launched NPCI International Payments Limited (NIPL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of NPCI ______ Ritesh Shukla.
➢ It is also responsible to co-create payment technologies with other countries.
➢ NPCI has appointed Ritesh Shukla as Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of NIPL.
➢ As per the Regulatory records the NIPL was incorporated on April 03, 2020 and has Dilip Asbe, MD & CEO of NPCI, Arif Khan, Chief Digital Officer and Rupesh Achayara, Head of Finance at NPCI as directors.