|Table of contents|
|Important News – India|
|Important News – State|
|Important News – World|
|Honor & Awards|
|Books and Authors|
|Science and Defence|
|1 Crore+ students have signed up on EduRev. Have you?|
Q.1. Which edition of the Executive Committee, the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved 11 water infrastructure projects worth around Rs 660 crore?
Correct Answer is 42nd.
- The meeting was headed by G Asok Kumar (DG, NMCG). During the meeting, a project for sewerage management for cleaning of River Hindon in Saharanpur (Uttar Pradesh) was also approved.
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs 577.23 crore including the construction of 135 MLD STP, creation of interception etc.
Q.2. Which gas producer company has become the first Exploration and Production (E&P) company in India to trade domestic gas on Indian Gas Exchange?
Correct Answer is Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. (ONGC).
- The first online trade was made on 23 May 2022 by Anurag Sharma (ONGC Director (Onshore) In-charge Marketing) on India’s first automated national level Gas Exchange, IGX.
- The gas traded is from ONGC Krishna Godavari 98/2 block.
Q.3. Which organisation has announced the Alliance of CEO Climate Action Leaders to supercharge India’s climate action and decarbonization efforts?
Correct Answer is The World Economic Forum (WEF).
- The alliance will continue its efforts to achieve the India vision, ‘Mission 2070: A Green New Deal for a Net Zero India’, on India’s low-carbon transition by 2070.
- Aim: To bring together the government, businesses, and other key stakeholders to achieve PM Narendra Modi’s ambitious ‘Panchamrit’ pledge.
Q.4. Which minister has launched Single National Portal for Biotech researchers and Start-ups, named Biological Research Regulatory Approval Portal (BioRRAP)?
Correct Answer is Dr Jitendra Singh (Union Minister of State (IC) Ministry of Science and Technology).
- This will cater to all those seeking regulatory approval for biological research & development activity in the country.
- India will figure among the top 5 countries of the world by 2025 in Global Bio-manufacturing Hub.
Q.5. Who has the head of the Inter-State Council which has been reconstituted recently?
Correct Answer is PM Narendra Modi.
- It works to promote and support cooperative federalism in the country. The council comprises chief ministers of all states and six Union ministers as members. It will also have 10 Union ministers as permanent invitees. The government has also reconstituted the standing committee of the Inter-State Council with Union HM Amit Shah as head.
Q.6. What is the theme of the 8th Edition of Swachh Survekshan - 2023 under Swachh Bharat Mission Urban 2.0?
Correct Answer is Waste to Wealth.
- The survey would give priority to the principle of 3 Rs- Reduce, Recycle and Reuse. Swachh Survekshan was introduced by MoHUA in 2016 as a competitive framework to encourage cities to improve the status of urban sanitation.
Q.7. Which organisation has announced the launch of a revamped Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) mobile application under its flagship scheme of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM)?
Correct Answer is National Health Authority (NHA).
- The ABHA mobile application enables an individual to create an ABHA address (username) that can be linked with the 14 digit randomly generated ABHA number.
- Existing ABHA app users can also update their previous app versions to the latest one. CEO of NHA: Dr RS Sharma
Q.8. Who has inaugurated India’s biggest drone festival at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi and interact with kisan drone pilots as well as witness open-air drone demonstrations?
Correct Answer is PM Narendra Modi.
- ‘Bharat Drone Mahotsav 2022’ is a two-day event and being held on May 27 and 28.
- Many government officials, foreign diplomats, armed forces, public sector undertakings, private companies, central armed police forces, and drone startups will participate in the event.
Q.9. Which department has released the National Achievement Survey (NAS) 2021 report to assesses the health of school education system in the country?
Correct Answer is Department of School Education and Literacy.
- The survey has evaluated the children’s learning competencies at classes 3, 5, 8 and 10th with a cycle period of three years.
- The survey conducted in 22 regional language. About 34 lakh students of 1.18 lakh schools in 720 districts from both rural and urban areas have participated in NAS 2021.
Q.10. Ashwini Vaishnaw (Union Minister of Railways, Communications) has approved Rs 8.34 crore collaborative for which project with the IIT Madras.?
Correct Answer is Hyperloop Technology (high-speed transportation system).
- Hyperloop is the 5th mode of transportation that travels in a near vacuum tube. The reduced air resistance allows the capsule inside the tube to reach speeds of more than 1,000 km/h.
- The model proposed by Team Avishkar can achieve a top speed of over 1,200 Km/hr.
Q.11. Which institute has signed an agreement with the Energy Security and Climate Change Program at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), Washington D.C., to work on just energy transition globally including in India?
Correct Answer is Just Transition Research Centre (JTRC), IIT Kanpur.
- Among Indian states, IIT- CSIS collaboration will engage with Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, and Telangana.
Q.12. The Indian cricket board has now decided to examine using NFT. What is the full form of NFT?
Correct Answer is Non Fungible Token.
- The Indian cricket board has unveiled FanCraze (cricket metaverse company) as its official associate partner for the Women's T20 Challenge.
- FanCraze is also the ICC partner alongside being on board with West Indies cricket.
- The women's T20 challenge will feature three team (the Supernovas, Trailblazers and Velocity) and will compete at Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA) Stadium.
Q.13. Which organisation has signed two quadripartite agreements for the development of sewage infrastructure and management?
Correct Answer is The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG).
- First agreement: NMCG, Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority, M/s. Maheshtala Waste Water Management Private Limited and Union Bank of India, to stop the flow of sewerage into River Ganga from the town.
- The other agreement is a Substitution Agreement between NMCG, KMDA, MWWMPL and Oesterreichische Entwicklungsbank.
Q.14. PM Modi has inaugurated World's first Nano Urea (Liquid) Plant constructed at Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Ltd (IFFCO) in which state?
Correct Answer is Kalol, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- Nano Urea Liquid Plant has been built at the cost of around Rs 175 crore to boost productivity and increase farmers’ income.
- It will produce about 1.5 lakh bottles of 500 ml.
Q.15. Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog has organized 'National Outreach Meet' for the 2nd edition of Atal New India Challenge (ANIC) in?
Correct Answer is International Centre Goa.
- Hosted by: Atal Incubation Centre at Goa Institute of Management (AIC-GIM Foundation)
Q.16. Who has launched Indian Business Portal in New Delhi to serve as an international trade hub for Indian exporters and foreign buyers?
Correct Answer is Union Minister, Anupriya Patel.
- Developed by: Federation of Indian Export Organizations
Q.17. President of India, Ram Nath Kovind has inaugurated a two-day National Women Legislators’ Conference-2022 in which state?
Correct Answer is Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- It is being hosted by Kerala Legislative Assembly as a part of ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- It was attended by 120 delegates from different states across India.
Q.18. Which country has replaced China to become India's top trading partner in 2021-22?
Correct Answer is US.
- The bilateral trade between the two countries stood at $119.42 billion (2021-22) against $80.51 billion in 2020-21, according to the data of the commerce ministry.
- Other top trading partner: China ($115.42 billion), The UAE ($72.9 billion), Saudi Arabia ($42,85 billion), Iraq ($34.33 billion) and Singapore ($30 billion).
Q.19. Dr. Jitendra Singh (Union Minister) has inaugurated the nation's first Lavender Festival in?
Correct Answer is Jammu’s district Bhaderwah.
- Lavender cultivation has changed the destiny of farmers in Jammu and Kashmir under the government initiative of ‘Aroma Mission or Purple Revolution'.
- Bhaderwah is in the Doda district and is the best place for lavender cultivation in terms of land and climate.
Q.20. Which custom zone has inaugurated project ‘NIGAH’ at ICD Garhi Harsaru, Gurugram with an aim to track containers by using ICTM (ICD Container Tracking Module)?
Correct Answer is Delhi Custom.
- This initiative will help in better visibility of the container movement inside the ICD and also help Customs to speed up the long-standing containers and monitor timely clearances.
Q.21. India has signed an MoU with which country to establish a framework to facilitate and enhance bilateral cooperation on climate action?
Correct Answer is the United Arab Emirates.
- Objective: To contributes towards implementing the Paris Agreement 2015.
- United Arab Emirates will host COP28 in 2023.
Q.22. Name the credit-linked portal which will be launched by PM Narendra Modi will launch for delivery of various schemes?
Correct Answer is Jan Samarth.
- Aim: improve the ease of living for the common man.
- Initially, the new portal will launch with the 15 credit-linked government initiatives.
Q.23. Which organisation has launched a public dashboard for near real-time information on the scheme under its flagship scheme of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM)?
Correct Answer is National Health Authority (NHA).
- Dashboard displays: Detailed information on the core registries under the mission – Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) numbers, Healthcare Professionals Registry (HPR) and Health Facility Registry (HFR).
Q.24. What is the name of the new life insurance product launched by LIC?
Correct Answer is Bima Ratna.
- A non-linked, non-participating, individual savings life insurance product that combines protection and savings.
- The sum assured on death is greater than 125% of the Basic Sum Assured or 7 times the annualized premium.
Q.25. PM Narendra Modi has released the 11th installment of how much amount for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi on May 31?
Correct Answer is Rs 21,000 crore.
- He has interacted with beneficiaries of about 16 schemes run by 9 Central Ministries/Departments of the Government of India.
Q.26. The Government has approved the continuation of the Prime Minister's Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) till?
Correct Answer is 2025-26.
- Total outlay of Rs 13,554.42 crores.
- Aim: to create sustainable employment opportunities for about 40 lakh persons in five years
Q.1. Which state/UT government has undertaken a unique initiative of using robots for extinguishing fires in the city?
Correct Answer is Delhi Government.
- These remote-controlled fire fighting robots will have greater accessibility to places and will be able to navigate narrow lanes, reach spaces inaccessible to humans and perform tasks too risky for people.
- These robots will also be capable of releasing high water pressure at the rate of 2,400 liters per minute.
Q.2. Which state government has signed MoUs worth 30,000 crore rupees with 23 companies from different parts of the world at the World Economic Forum in Davos?
Correct Answer is Maharashtra Government.
- Subhash Desai (Maharashtra Industries Minister) and other ministers from Maharashtra Cabinet were in Davos to attract investment opportunities. Microsoft will set up its Data Centre in Pune with an investment of 3,200 crore rupees.
- More than 55% of investment would come from Singapore, Indonesia, the USA, and Japan.
Q.3. Which lab has come up with its first commercial drone flight in the country's healthcare sector?
Correct Answer is Redcliffe Labs.
- The company has recently opened its commercial drone corridor between Uttarkashi and Dehradun.
- The distance from Uttarkashi to Dehradun by road is 144 km and takes 6-8 hours by road and during landslides 12 hours, but this distance was covered in 88 minutes with drone technology.
Q.4. Which state government has launched the ‘Kalaignarin All Villages Integrated Agricultural Development Programme’?
Correct Answer is Tamil Nadu.
- The programme has been proposed in all the 15,525 village panchayats through a convergence of Union and State government schemes.
- Aim: To bring 11.75 lakh hectares of land under net area cultivated in the next 10 years and increase the double-cropping area to 20 lakh hectares.
Q.5. Which state government has decided to adopt the Electric Vehicle Policy 2022 to promote electric vehicles to convert 10% of state’s vehicles to electric mode in 5 years?
Correct Answer is Tripura.
- Electric vehicles would reduce air pollution and would be helpful in promoting eco-friendly tourism.
- If it is implemented, then Tripura would become the 15th state and third in the Northeast region after Assam and Meghalaya to adopt the electric vehicle policy.
Q.6. In which state India’s first ‘Olympic Values Education Programme’ (OVEP) by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) was launched?
Correct Answer is Odisha.
- The OVEP was officially launched by Naveen Patnaik (Odisha CM), Nita Ambani (IOC Member) along with other members.
- This programme will be integrated into the school education system of Odisha.
- The programme is being developed in partnership with the Department of School and Mass Education (Odisha) and the Abhinav Bindra Foundation Trust.
Q.7. Which state government has launched ‘SAMBHAV’ (sambhav.up.gov.in) platform/portal to monitor the grievances, schemes, programmes and policies of the departments?
Correct Answer is Minister for energy and urban development (UP).
- SAMBHAV is a multi-modal platform, it helps to dispose public grievances swiftly and effectively and provide good governance and make the public service delivery transparent and accountable.
- SAMBHAV will work as an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) platform.
Q.8. In which state the fourth edition of the Shirui Lily Festival has began?
Correct Answer is Ukhrul district, Manipur.
- The four-day festival was inaugurated by the Governor La Ganesan, which is taking place after a gap of two years.
- The Shirui Lily blooms from late May to early June only on the Shirui village hilltop.
- Aim of festival: To spread awareness about the rare Shirui flower and encourage tourism in Manipur.
Q.9. Union Minister Jitendra Singh has inaugurated North India’s first Industrial Biotech Park at?
Correct Answer is Ghatti, Kathua, Jammu.
- Biotech Park will act as hub for incubation of new ideas and will act as a robust platform to support Agrientrepreneurs, Startups, farmers, scholars, and students.
Q.10. Who has inaugurated Khashaba Jadhav Sports Complex of the Pune University?
Correct Answer is Anurag Thakur.
- The complex is spread over 27-acre land and it has synthetic athletic track, football, Astro turf lawn tennis court, international standard shooting range, state of art gymnasium.
Q.11. Which govt has announced to form 5-member drafting committee to implement the much-debated Uniform Civil Code (UCC) in the state?
Correct Answer is Uttarakhand.
- Head of the committee: Ranjana Desai (retired Supreme Court judge)
- Members: Delhi High Court judge Pramod Kohli, ex-state chief secretaries Shatrughan Singh, Manu Gaud and Surekha Dangwal
Q.12. Which state's capital has become the first major metropolitan city in India to make a detailed biodiversity register?
Correct Answer is Kolkata, WB.
- The 520-page long document listed 399 species of plants which include 138 trees, 126 Chinese vegetables, 33 medicinal plants and nearly 100 other plants.
Q.13. Which state government will launch a pilot project on single-pick cotton on about 50,000 acres?
Correct Answer is Telangana.
- Currently, the farmers pick cotton bolls at least three to four times, this method will help the farmers to extend the harvest by a few weeks and allow farmers to complete the harvest all at once.
Q.14. Which state becomes the first state to attempt systematize of health accounts to track and monitoring of health expenditures over time and can serve as an important tool for evidence based policy making?
Correct Answer is Rajasthan.
- This project of Rajasthan will be aid by the WHO India country office by providing technical and financial support for conducting the first round of health accounts.
Q.15. Which state has become the first time in the country where the Department of Indian Posts has delivered mail using a drone?
Correct Answer is Gujarat's Kutch district.
- This attempt was done by the drone from Habay village in Bhuj taluka to Ner village in Bhachau taluka of Kutch district by the postal department under the guidance of the Union Ministry of Communications.
Q.16. What is the name of the new health and wellness app which was launched by Karnataka CM, Basavaraj Bommai?
Correct Answer is AAYU.
- Developed by: Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (S-VYASA) in partnership with RESET TECH (an Al-driven integrated health-tech platform).
Q.1. Who has led the team of experts from the National Geographic Society (NatGeo), who has installed the “world’s highest weather station” on Mt. Everest at an altitude of 8,830 meters?
Correct Answer is Climate scientist Baker Perry (Appalachian State University in the US).
- The automatic weather station was installed a few meters below the summit point (8,848.86 meters) as the snow and ice on the summit are not suitable for fixing equipment.
Q.2. What are the total numbers of members in the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework (IPEF)?
Correct Answer is 13.
- PM Narendra Modi has formalized India’s entry into the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework (IPEF), along with 12 other countries.
- Aim: To strengthen economic cooperation as a geostrategic counter.
- The other 12 countries that joined the IPEF: The US, Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Q.3. Name three Indians who have been named among the world’s 100 most influential people of 2022 by TIME magazine?
Correct Answer is Gautam Adani, Karuna Nundy (SC lawyer), and Khurram Parvez (Kashmiri human rights activist).
- Adani has been named under the Titans category, and Nundy and Parvez are named under the Leaders category.
- Recently, Gautam Adani with $123.7 billion net worth has become the 5th richest person in the world (2022).
Q.4. Which country is planning to build the world's largest petroleum research centre by the end of the year (2022)?
Correct Answer is Kuwait.
- The research center will have 28 laboratories and built in al-Ahmadi, south of Kuwait City.
Q.5. According to the Fortune 500, who has been received the highest salary as a chief executive officer (CEO) in 2021?
Correct Answer is Elon Musk.
- He has received a salary of around $23.5 billion.
- Tim Cook, Apple with USD 770.5 Million placed at second followed by Jensen Huang, NVIDIA (USD 561 Million); Reed Hastings, Netflix (USD 453.5 Million); Leonard Schleifer, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (USD 452.9 Million).
Q.6. How many Cardinals will be created by Pope Francis?
Correct Answer is 21.
- Two Cardinals from India, Archbishop Filipe Neri António Sebastião di Rosário Ferrão (Archbishop of Goa and Damão) and Archbishop Anthony Poola (Archbishop of Hyderabad).
- The elevated ceremony will be held at the Vatican on August 27, 2022.
Q.7. Which country has topped the 7th edition of Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 2022 in terms of the number of entries?
Correct Answer is India (61).
- Edited by: Rana Wehbe Watson
- India has topped the list in terms of the number of entries with 61, followed by Singapore (34), Japan (33), Australia (32), Indonesia (30) and China (28).
Q.1. Who has won the Amazon Smbhav Entrepreneurship Challenge 2022 award for saving energy in boilers by using recycling steam model?
Correct Answer is Subhash Ola (Rajasthan innovator).
- In addition, his enterprise “Geniusenergy Critical Innovation Private Limited” has also won the Start-up of the Year award.
- Geniusenergy Critical Innovation was incubated by the National Innovation Foundation (NIF). NIF is an autonomous body of the Department of Science and Technology.
Q.2. The Music Academy has announced the Sangita Kalanidhi and other awards for various artists from the years 2020-22, who have been awarded Sangita Kalanidhi for 2020?
Correct Answer is Renowned vocalist Neyveli R Santanagopalan (2020).
- The Sangita Kalanidhi award will be given to: eminent mridangam artiste Tiruvarur Bhakthavathsalam (2021) and violin duo Lalgudi GJR Krishnan and Vijayalakshmi (2022).
- The Music academy also announced other awards including Nritya Kalanidhi for three recipients in the dance segment.
Q.3. Which organisation has honoured to India's one million all-women Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA) workers for their 'outstanding' contribution to advancing global health?
Correct Answer is World Health Organisation (WHO).
- ASHAs workers worked to provide maternal care and immunization for children against vaccine-preventable diseases; community health care; treatment for hypertension and tuberculosis.
Q.4. Who has received the VASVIK (Vividhlaxi Audyogik Samshodhan Vikas Kendra) Industrial Research Award in the category of Agricultural Sciences and Technology for the year 2020?
Correct Answer is A Gopalakrishnan (Director of the ICARCentral Marine Fisheries Research Institute).
- The award includes a cash prize of 1.51 lakh and a citation.
- The VASVIK research award is given to scientists and researchers who have demonstrated excellence in eight categories each year.
Q.5. Geetanjali Shree and American translator Daisy Rockwell won the 2022 International Booker Prize for which book?
Correct Answer is Tomb of Sand.
- The book "Tomb of Sand' was originally written in Hindi, it is the first book in any Indian language to win such a prestigious award.
- The prize money of 50,000 pound will be split between Shree and Rockwell.
Q.6. Which film has won the Palme d’Or at the 75th Cannes Film Festival for the second time?
Correct Answer is Triangle of Sadness.
- Directed by Ruben Ostlund.
- Indian filmmaker Shaunak Sen has won the 'L'Oeil d'Or' award for his documentary 'All That Breathes'.
Q.7. Who has received the Excellence in Cinema award at the French Riviera Film Festival?
Correct Answer is Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
- He was received the honour from the two-time Emmy winner American actor-producer, Vincent De Paul.
- Prior to this, he was chosen as one of the delegates to receive awards on behalf of the nation at the Cannes Film Festival.
Q.8. Who has been awarded the Dr. V. Shantaram Lifetime Achievement Award at 17th edition of the Mumbai International Film Festival of India (MIFF 2022)?
Correct Answer is Sanjit Narwekar.
- The prestigious award includes cash prize of Rs. 10 lakhs, Golden Conch and a citation.
- Focus Country of MIFF 2022: Bangladesh
Q.9. Who has been awarded the 'O1 Best Content Award' and the Immunization Champion award by UNICEF at the annual Radio4Child 2022 Awards in Mumbai?
Correct Answer is Radio Jockey, Umar Nisar.
- He received an award for his excellent work during the pandemic in building awareness and countering rumours to reach audiences.
Q.1. The Indian men’s compound archery team (Abhishek Verma, Aman Saini, and Rajat Chauhan) has defeated which country in the final to win a gold medal at the Archery World Cup stages in Gwangju, South Korea?
Correct Answer is France.
- It was their second successive World Cup gold medal as the team had finished on the top step of the podium in Antalya, Turkey (April 2022).
- Archer Mohan Bhardwaj has also won a silver medal in the World Cup. The Compound Mixed duo of Abhishek & Avneet Kaur win bronze.
Q.2. Which team has been crowned 2021/22 Premier League champions their fourth title success in the last five seasons?
Correct Answer is Manchester City (Football).
- Manchester City won over Aston Villa in the final game of the season. In Manchester City’s 38 league matches this season, they have won 29, drawn six, and lost three, scoring 99 goals in the process.
- City has now won four Premier League titles and eight major trophies under Pep Guardiola since his arrival in the summer of 2016.
Q.3. Which Hockey team has emerged as the winners of the Hockey India sub-junior women's national championship 2022 after defeating Hockey Jharkhand by 2-0 in the final in Imphal?
Correct Answer is Haryana.
- Uttar Pradesh Hockey has defeated Madhya Pradesh Hockey by 3-0 to secure third place in the tournament.
- Pushpanjali Sonkar, Manisha Patel, and Purnima Yadav scored a goal each to help Uttar Pradesh Hockey seal third place in the competition for the second consecutive time.
Q.4. Which team win Hockey India Senior Women’s National Championship 2022 title?
Correct Answer is Odisha.
- Hockey Association of Odisha became the champion of the 12th Hockey India Senior Women’s National Championship 2022 after a victory over Hockey Karnataka in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Earlier, Jharkhand Hockey team has defeated Hockey Haryana by 3-2 in the third-fourth place match.
- Punam Barla (34′) has opened the scoring in the match in the third quarter as Odisha picked up the lead.
Q.5. Which batsman has become the first player to hit 700 fours in the history of the IPL?
Correct Answer is Punjab Kings batsman, Shikhar Dhawan.
- The batter has now a total of 701 IPL fours to his name, followed by David Warner (577) and Virat Kohli (576).
- He achieved this milestone during the match between PBKS and Sunrisers Hyderabad at the Wankhede.
- Dhawan also become the second player to score 6000 runs in IPL history after Virat Kohli.
Q.6. Which team has won the Indian Premier League (IPL) champions 2022 after defeating Rajasthan Royals by 7 wickets in the final at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad?
Correct Answer is Gujarat Titans.
- Aramco Purple Cap: Yuzvendra Chahal (27 Wickets)
- Aramco Orange Cap: Jos Buttler (863 Runs)
Q.7. Which team has become the European champion for a record-extending 14th time after defeating Liverpool by1-0 in a Champions League final ?
Correct Answer is Real Madrid.
- The Real Madrid has claimed their fifth Champions League trophy in nine seasons.
Q.8. Who has won Formula One Monaco Grand Prix after defeating Carlos Sainz Jr. (Ferrari)?
Correct Answer is Sergio Perez (Red Bull).
- It was Perez’s first win of the season.
- Mexican's Max Verstappen (Red Bull) has finished third, Leclerc at fourth.
Q.1. Who is the author of the book titled "Listen to Your Heart: The London Adventure"?
Correct Answer is Ruskin Bond.
- Published by: Penguin Random House India (PRHI). His first novel: The Room on the Roof Awards: Padma Shri (1999) and Padma Bhushan (2014).
Q.1. Which edition of Indian and Bangladesh Navies has commenced two-day Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) in Northern Bay of Bengal?
Correct Answer is 4th edition.
- Indian Navy: Two indigenously built Ships - Kora (a guided-missile corvette) and Sumedha (an offshore patrol vessel) are participating in the exercise.
- Bangladesh: Navy Ships BNS Ali Haider and BNS Abu Ubaidah are taking part in the coordinated patrol exercise.
Q.2. Which edition of Indian Navy and Bangladesh Navy Bilateral exercise, Bongosagar has commenced at Port Mongla, Bangladesh?
Correct Answer is 3rd edition.
- Aim: Developing a high degree of interoperability and joint operational skills. The exercise includes two phases: Harbour Phase and Sea Phase
Q.3. Which command of Indian army has signed an MoU with Rashtriya Raksha University (RRU) to develop first-of-itskind simulation-based training centre ‘Wargame Research and Development Centre’ in New Delhi?
Correct Answer is Army Training Command.
- A prototype name ‘WARDEC’ has been gove to this project and use artificial intelligence (AI) to design virtual reality wargames.
- The centre will be used by the Army to train its soldiers and test their strategies through “metaverse-enabled gameplay”.
Q.4. Name the INS Ship which has been decommissioned by the Indian Navy?
Correct Answer is INS Gomati.
- INS Gomati was commissioned on 16 April 1988 by the then Defence Minister, KC Pant, at Mazgaon Dock Ltd, Bombay.
- During its 34 years of service, the ship participated in Operations Cactus, Parakram and Rainbow, and multinational naval exercises.
Q.5. Which supercomputer has been established at IIT Gandhinagar, under Phase II of the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM)?
Correct Answer is Param Ananta.
- NSM is a joint initiative of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Department of Science and Technology (DST).
- Its system is based on Direct Contact Liquid Cooling technology.