Physics needs maximum understanding out of all subjects in NEET. Always focus on how things are derived and not on what is the derivation in physics. Physics determines your rank in NEET. The purpose of this document is to help you understand how to study Physics for NEET.
Step 1: Decode the Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- Exam Pattern: Physics will have 2 sections i.e. A and B containing 35 and 15 questions respectively. However, while attempting questions asked in Section B candidates can choose to attempt any 10 Questions out of 15.
- Physics Syllabus for NEET: The NEET Physics syllabus carries equal distribution of questions from Class 11 and Class 12. It comprises around 19 chapters from the curriculum of Class 11 and 12 combined. EduRev provides you with the complete syllabus information you can click here to go through it.
- Most biology students have problem with Physics, but physics determine your rank. According to new trends, the difficulty level of questions is increasing.
NEET Physics Syllabus Topics
(i) Class 11
- Physical World
- Units & Measurements
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- The motion of systems of particle and rigid body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations & Waves
(ii) Class 12
Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism
Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
Atoms and Nuclei
Step 2: Filter out the Most Important Topics according to the weightage
Although you should cover all the topics given in syllabus, but emphasizing more on important chapters will give you better results as the number of questions asked from these topics are high in number.
- A class-wise detailed description of the syllabus for NEET Physics preparation is provided on EduRev.
- It is really important to complete the entire syllabus, which you can accomplish only through discipline and dedication towards your preparation.
Step 3: Built your concepts from NCERT
- NCERT must be read, go through summary points and points to ponder always (blue boxes do). You can read the NCERT PDFs in EduRev also by clicking here.
- Do read theory from HCV, it is given in a simplified manner. After HCV, you can read NCERT for theory. You can read NCERTs from here.
- Understand concepts first from teachers by watching videos and start attempting questions. You can also build your concepts by referring to the EduRev Course of Physics Class 11 and Physics Class 12 in which you will get precise notes, videos and tests.
- Maintain a formula book for yourself so that you can keep in mind the formulas any time you need them.
- Attempt NCERT Exemplar and Exercise questions and HCV questions, this will help you in building your concepts to a much better level. You can attempt and practice questions from EduRev also. For NCERT Exemplar and Exercise questions click here and for HCV questions, click here.
Step 4: Make Short notes for quick revision
- Mind maps: You should make your own notes of NCERT for referring again and again. Revision can be done through mind maps also. EduRev gives the opportunity of chapter-wise mind maps which aids in better planning. Check it out here.
- Tables and charts: According to toppers, you should make short notes in tabular form which makes memorizing easy and effective. All the formulas of physics should be listed on a sheet and revised regularly.
- Make notes: Try making notes in the side margin of the NCERT textbook so that the important points do not get missed out while revision. Also, if while studying, a doubt arises in your mind, note it down in the side margin. In this way, that doubt is cleared in your mind every time you do revision.
Step 5: Practice Numericals on a daily basis
Physics numerical are deemed no less than a nightmare by students because of which they tend to overlook it and do not practise enough. As a result, they focus on strengthening other sections of NEET. This has been perceived as the major reason why students fail to score as much in NEET Physics, affecting their final NEET score.
- MCQ solving is a must must! Make sure apart from theory solve a lot of MCQs.
- Do NCERT book questions (Exemplar problems & Exercise problems) first, after that do HCV Solved examples, then go for HCV MCQ 1 and MCQ 2. You can practice NCERT questions from EduRev also, click here & HCV questions practice can also be done from the EduRev platform, click here for class 11 & class 12.
- Revise Physics through PYQs and master the subject by revising more and more. For PYQs, click here.
- Practice more and more from Irodov, Krotov but of limited Topics. You can practice Irodov questions from the EduRev platform also, click here.
Step 6: Take up Mock Tests & PYQs
- Check your preparation level: For checking the level of your preparation you should start attempting mock tests, even if your preparation is completed just for one subject, you should start attempting subject mocks. EduRev provides you with Physics subject mocks for your excellent practice in Physics.
- Give numerous mocks: Give a lot and a lot of full mock tests every single day in the last 6 months if you are preparing for the last 2 years.
- Learn Time Management: When you are attempting complete mocks, you will start learning management of time as well as the discipline to sit straight for 3 hours. For complete mocks click here. It is really important to manage time in the physics section because it takes time to solve the numerical.
- Revisit the important questions: You must mark the important and tricky questions while attempting the mocks and go back to them from time to time.
- Attempt PYQs: You must give lots of previous year question papers so that you will get yourself inlined with the pattern and type of questions coming in NEET Physics. You can find previous 10 years questions papers on the EduRev platform, click here. As well as you will find Physics PYQs of 31 years on our platform, click here.
- Subject and topic-wise test you keep on giving even with the mock tests.
Step 7: Finish the syllabus and start revision 6 months before the exam
- Review important questions: Revise Star marked questions that you marked when you were unable to solve them. EduRev provides this feature to start the important questions.
- Avoid multiple sources for studying: Revise from one place again and again do not go for multiple sources. Multiple reading from one source is very very important.
- Revise numerous times, do not leave doubts while revision, clear them.
For revising the notes, EduRev provides you with short revision notes of Physics, for revising click here.
The best revision is through by giving topics-wise tests, Subject wise tests, Mock tests. EduRev provides all these tests for you to revise excellently.
- Give more time to biology after that to chemistry and at last to Physics in the end time while revision.
- Revise the formulas again & again from your formula book.
- Revision of your self notes will be proved to be most beneficial as it will take less time to cover the whole syllabus in the last few days.
- The revision will help you in understanding and retaining the concept in mind more and more.
1. Overall Understanding of the Exam
Check out these documents and prepare your strategy for NEET accordingly
2. Check out subject wise strategies